Chef's "What Do You Want From Me?"

Ooooh!!! :D I know what I'm playing with this afternoon! Thank you Chef!

(Wow I just about exhibited a massive case of recto-cranial inversion there. I was thinking this song was on "About Face" rather than "Division Bell." So I was going to say something snarky about "modern." Oops!)

By request I added a pitch block to the patch for guys who wanna play the song "Marooned", from the same album:

The patch is in the ballpark, as is the WDYWFM patch. IMHO exact tone matches often do not work live. Better to have something that'll cut through the mix. Use the EXT1 patch if you have an expression pedal, otherwise the "no pedal". You can set a standard pedal switch to engage the whammy one octave up just like it does with a pedal - just increase the dampening in the controller window and it'll slowly fade up when you engage the switch. And be careful playing this patch near the ocean - you will strand a few innocent whales. As always - enjoy!

You can smell what the Chef is cookin! Sounds great, been wanting to complement you on so many awesome patches you have posted. Keep it up cause there is a bunch of people diggin it.

That sounds pretty wicked Chef! I just love Gilmour and will load it up when my axe makes it back in the house tonight.

That sounds pretty wicked Chef! I just love Gilmour and will load it up when my axe makes it back in the house tonight.

Thanks 80s Man! I've been a long time fan of Floyd and this album sure has its gems as well as all the classic Floyd albums. This tone is in the ballpark of the original. But in the context of the backing track it's fairly accurate, IMHO. IMHO it'll will work really well live. I used a chorus instead of a flanger on this. I will make Gilmour patch with flange soon. Glad you like it!

Last edited:
Tasty Chef- love some Gilmour tone. His touch is what's tough to cover. One of the best players of all time IMO.

Hi Chef. Thank you for sharing this preset.

Last weekend I have been working on the sound for the "On an Island" solo. I still have not posted the preset on Axe-Change because it is unfinished. Still have a lot to tune, and I have not taken care about the FX yet, only the basic tone.

I attach the draft of the preset at the current state .

With your permission, now I will use your preset to search for Gilmourish tweaking ideas and combine them together. :razz

Attachments

• Hiwatt Tronio 03.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 16
Wow, you were really cookin' on that clip, Chef.

It sounds fantastic and you also nailed that Gilmour phrasing. I wanted to hear more.

Back
Top Bottom