that's pretty nice!

i wonder if my patch and yours could be merged somehow to make the ultimate? i can't play chords with mine, but i think it has a little more num num on single notes....see what you think...

(use the gtrbody cab)

Attachments

• Sim Sitar.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 203
  • gtrbody.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 214

that is kinda how it sounds to me. i'll post a clip, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow...i've got a massive home made chicken and leek pie waiting for me downstairs...yum! :)

Amazing patch, Chef. Translates well to my own setup.

LOL! jeez my sides are killing from pissing myself laughing, LOL your complete nutter mate but a brilliant nutter, sounds excellent.

brudie numb numb LOL.....

Thanks for sharing another excellent patch and a big thanks for cheering my up after the shit week I've had.

Looking forward to your next dish. :)

Cheers.

Chef-in-India.jpg

Hey guys! So, while I was playing with a delay block today I came across a very familiar sound. So naturally I had to explore its possibilities further. It soon turned out to become a spicy dish best served with lots of tandoori, yoghurt and papadums. So without any further ado, here the first draft of my Sitar patch. Let me know what you think! :D

Enjoy and Bon Appétite! :razz

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Chef's Sitar - by Swedish Chef

Instructions: You'll get the best sitar tone with a single coil, middle or bridge, with volume on aprox. half. Strat or tele preferably... :D

Love it! I think your presets are definitely the most fun!

Thanks very much,
Paul

i had a go at your patch, chef. a little "ringy" for me, but seems to work well in a full mix. i stole your resonating delay idea and added one block to my patch in parallel with the resonator which seemed to help. uploaded to axechange if anybody wants it here - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Sitar - by simeon

here's what it sounds like to me (the drones are apple loops)

it's a really hard one to nail 100%, but well done chef and thanks for the ideas!

oh, and sorry for the thread hijack, man!

(btw that pie last night was EPIC!)

i had a go at your patch, chef. a little "ringy" for me, but seems to work well in a full mix. i stole your resonating delay idea and added one block to my patch in parallel with the resonator which seemed to help. uploaded to axechange if anybody wants it here - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Sitar - by simeon

here's what it sounds like to me (the drones are apple loops)

it's a really hard one to nail 100%, but well done chef and thanks for the ideas!

oh, and sorry for the thread hijack, man!

(btw that pie last night was EPIC!)

Sounding alright. It sounds like you should try a touch wah (reverse polarity) to try to get some of that vowel quality to the ring. Maybe put it before the delay. I'm not home so I can't try it out myself.

A. That picture killed me
B. I almost wet myself when I heard the "nom nom" drop
C. I'm downloading this patch now, thank you
D. Quality, as always, Chef :)

I'd love to hear the intro riff to TOOL's "4 Degrees" done with this preset. Nicely done, Swedish Chef (you are tastefully twisted!).

Back
Top Bottom