Chef's Reverse Reverb

Swedish Chef

Power User
Earlier today I was asked to do a reverse reverb patch. So here it is. It's not a true reverse reverb, as say in a recording, because that entails the reverberation to come before the sound itself. And only Satan himself can do this bestial feat. So this is technically a reverse gated reverb...

ENJOY! :encouragement:

Chef-wave_zps8611d8eb.gif

Last edited:
Thanks, Chef!

How do recommend time/delay settings, and level/effect placement (serial vs. parallel)that that would be close to 3:55 to 5:10 in the below video? In other words, that immediacy of hearing the reverse effect to your playing and hearing less of your actual guitar and amp?

Last edited:
Chef: I'm still struggling trying to modify your reverse reverb to do what I have in mind. Basically, take what you did and increase that immediacy of hearing the reverse effect to your playing and hearing less of your actual guitar and amp. No build up to the reverse effect, or pre-delay into it, and more of a serial placement in the effect chain.

Ideas on how to do this? Anyone?

Chef: I'm still struggling trying to modify your reverse reverb to do what I have in mind. Basically, take what you did and increase that immediacy of hearing the reverse effect to your playing and hearing less of your actual guitar and amp. No build up to the reverse effect, or pre-delay into it, and more of a serial placement in the effect chain.

Ideas on how to do this? Anyone?

Hello Claxor! Like I've said in previous threads, I'm holding on for AE3 before sharing any more patches. Programming such a patch on the editor is less strenuous and allows the workflow/speed to be the same as ones thought process/rhythm. I usually edit 3 or 4 blocks and parameters at a time. Flipping and flopping through these 10-20 times on the front panel to get a patch sounding right is a pain in the a**, IMHO. I have even put my Axe-FX on my table, under my computer screen. It's virtually inches away from my fingers. It's not the distance, but rather the little screen and the endless flipping though menues and windows. Also, I have two huge deadlines this month so my time is really limited, I'm afraid. I'll just have to wait with this... I'm truly sorry I can't help you at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom