Chef's Moog

Swedish Chef

Power User
wendy_carlos-moog_zpsf538d28c.jpg

Now I only need a sex change operation to become the "Swedish Shef" [sic]... :D

Enjoy the patch guys! :encouragement:

Seeing that Moog pic with all those wires brought on a flashback of a huge, very similar type DIY synth from a company salled PI that I built from the pc boards up back in the 70's .. Building that thing was serious fun.. After I finally finished building it, I remember getting lost in my man-cave for literally days at a time with it.... that is until my wife started missing me and went on a search and rescue mission . :lol

Last edited:
Hi Chef, this is awesome, but I'm having trouble getting reliable triggering. My strat barely tickles the red at 100 on the input. I looked up ADSR in the manual, couldn't find where it talked about the threshhold, and I don't find those controls. Could you (or someone) clarify? I assume we're talking about the modifiers for the vol/pan module? Thanks for all you do.

Hi Chef, this is awesome, but I'm having trouble getting reliable triggering. My strat barely tickles the red at 100 on the input. I looked up ADSR in the manual, couldn't find where it talked about the threshhold, and I don't find those controls. Could you (or someone) clarify? I assume we're talking about the modifiers for the vol/pan module? Thanks for all you do.

For this patch you need to palm mute all your notes to get a good result. The controls for the ADSR are in the Controllers tab. Here, I found this video just yesterday:

Simeon made it. Beside being a showcase of this mans genius, it's the most informative source about internal controllers I've encountered. Great stuff Simeon!

Hi Chef, thanks for the tips! Palm muting was the answer! I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the people I jam with when I play "Night on Bald Mountain" with a great sounding synthesizer patch. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom