Chef's Facelift

My fondest memory of Alice in Chains was in Florida in 1991 at the Lakeland Civic Center, Clash of the Titans tour where Slayer's Decade of Aggression was recorded.

This dude in the 3rd row just stood there giving them the bird. Layne Staley said, "Give this asshole a back stage pass so I can teach him how to suck my dick." He then proceeded to jump into the crowd and beat the dude in the face until security pulled him off. A little later, I went to the restroom and some dude was there washing his face off, covered in blood.

A side note and sorry to hyjack the thread :), I am on the inside cover of the Decade of Aggression insert. I'm the dude in the front holding my head and looking down. I had just nabbed a Kerry King pick from a jarhead. At the end of the show Kerry was throwing picks out and we both went down to grab it. The last thing I saw before the lights went out was a boot in my face. But my hand hit pavement first and then his on top, so I came up with the bounty :)

20140928_132402%20(1).jpg

20140928_134031.jpg

Got a Dave Lombardo drum stick that night too :)

What a night, it epitomized my youth.

Thanks for the sample. Great job and would love to see the patch.

Last edited:
maschoff, that's a great story!

The funniest part of the story remains untold. If you notice the guy behind me has his arm raised, obscuring the face of a long haired blond person. That is my ex-wife, she was a nationally ranked swimmer so she could hold her own up front. She later became a local cop and now she's the spokeswoman for the force. So every now and again during the news I get a visit from the gigantic head of my ex-wife :)

Dang Chef, this is great. (Not that it any surprise, or anything, huh? ;) )

Oh yeah, I'd love to play around with that preset, too.

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks guys!!! :) Here's the patch, hoping it translates well to your setup. It's not as crunchy as the original but works. Originally it's a stereo preset but I kept it mono since a lot of you are running mono. Patch is taylored to my Tyler, it might sound different with your guitar. I t c you could tweak the PEQ blocks in the patch. Use external 1 for talkbox simulation.

Axe-FX II (first gen.) and FW16.

Cheers! :encouragement:

Attachments

• Chef's Facelift.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 89
LOL awesome story! She almost looks like she's stalking in the background.

The funniest part of the story remains untold. If you notice the guy behind me has his arm raised, obscuring the face of a long haired blond person. That is my ex-wife, she was a nationally ranked swimmer so she could hold her own up front. She later became a local cop and now she's the spokeswoman for the force. So every now and again during the news I get a visit from the gigantic head of my ex-wife :)

Great job Chef!

Back
Top Bottom