Chef's Boss HM2

Oy Vey. There is definitely a like there for you, Chef ('cause you da man). Didn't find myself loving the sound though; it didn't particularly remind me of those Swedish Death Metal luminaries. I wonder why...

I think its time for the ADA mp1 if your going for the most pleasin for the most people, its THE most requested amp/sim on this site, I imagine :)

I've been involved in the never ending wishlist thread so I'm pretty eager to have a crack at your emulation Chef.
I'll download the patch and when I have a spare moment tomorrow I'll suss it out. I really appreciate your efforts :)

A hint to guys who are daring to try this patch out. Add the Jazz 120 model directly after the TM block... add a cab and audition the cabs til you find something that'll take away the worse sizzle and the boomy bottom end, I like the 6 inch, oval. Then add the SM58 mic. Turn room to 40-50%, add a Cathedral reverb at 20%. Go back to the amp block and fine tune your sound. N' Bob's 'yer uncle!!

Oy Vey. There is definitely a like there for you, Chef ('cause you da man). Didn't find myself loving the sound though; it didn't particularly remind me of those Swedish Death Metal luminaries. I wonder why...

Are you using it with an amp and cab ?

The sound sample is just of the pedal on its own. Not many pedals sound good straight.....

You should post a link to this in the never ending wish list thread. I am interested to hear what the big advocates of the HM-2 think. Some of those guys have been losing their mind in that thread and theoretically (even according to the people that want this) it is a one trick pony; so if this is a good match it should come very close to covering that base for those guys.

FWIW I just went and bought a real HM2 as I had no idea on how to go about getting that tone with the axe fx 2.
I'm a proficient user, but when it comes to mangling blocks into totally different sounds like that I just step back and watch the others.

I've used it for clean, but never tried it for anything else. Maybe I'll have to suss it out!

No worries, SS! I seriously hope people can get off Cliff's back about it now! There's really nothing at all special about this pedal... I'm selling it onward tomorrow. The funny thing is that none of the guys from the never ending original HM-2 thread has posted here. I wonder why that is?! Anyway... Cheers! :encouragement:

Wow, hi Chef !!!
Last days I really, really a lot of work and I can not follow the news in this forum. Just now saw this thread. Thanks for the work when the time will certainly want to try. I do not even have time to update the firmware ((
You're a real Swede !!!

That's exactly the point and I don't want to be tooting my own horn, take me out of it if you want... But seriously, you are hearing the match in the sound clip. I am comparing the real HM2 to the patch I made... There is a difference but I bet you couldn't figure out for sure which ones which. You don't need anyones "expert" opinion as the sound clip speaks for itself. Like I said, I proposed the way of copying the tone of the HM2 in the most popular setting two years ago... No one took me up on it. Now, I'm merely guessing, people are having a hard time translating the actual sound of the pedal to the sound they're after... And maybe now they're blaming it on not having a particular amp model. It just keeps on going...

Maybe we can give everyone a bit more time with it than a few days before we start accusing them of feeling the need to unnecessarily escalate their claims of not being able to get a tone.

For my part, as someone that's not interested in this as a main tone, but as another variation of useful but horrid sounding tone, it sounds pretty spot on. Obviously, I still understand that some people would like a simpler solution.

Back
Top Bottom