Chef's Boss HM2

Swedish Chef

Power User
Chefs-HM2.jpg

So, yesterday I bought the Boss HM2, mainly for you guys. And within like 10 minutes I had this:

What you are hearing is the Boss HM2 compared to the patch I made. There's a fine difference, but can you tell which one is which? The three blocks in the patch emulate the sound of the HM2 pedal set in the most popular setting: 11-11-11-11. That's all you'll ever need for playing your favorite Swedish Black Metal tunes. So build your black metal patches around these three blocks as if it was a drive block. Add another amp and a cab, some reverb etc... Enjoy it and don't forget to comment and like! Cheers! :encouragement:

Attachments

• Chef's Boss HM2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
I gave it a quick try and I'm NOWHERE close to that ....

Fortunately there are so many options, I didn't need to waste anymore time with it !

Last edited:
Kudos to you for accurately capturing the absolutely atrocious sound of that pedal!

No worries, SS! I seriously hope people can get off Cliff's back about it now! There's really nothing at all special about this pedal... I'm selling it onward tomorrow. The funny thing is that none of the guys from the never ending original HM-2 thread has posted here. I wonder why that is?! Anyway... Cheers! :encouragement:

No worries, SS! I seriously hope people can get off Cliff's back about it now! There's really nothing at all special about this pedal... I'm selling it onward tomorrow. The funny thing is that none of the guys from the never ending original HM-2 thread has posted here. I wonder why that is?! Anyway... Cheers! :encouragement:

C'mon, you don't want to frame it and worship it? :D

Nicely done.

Its a unique effect, but if you grew up listening to some of the classic Swedish Chainsaw tones from bands like Entombed (Wolverine Blues would be a suggestion for a first taste) its a fun sound to have

Throw it in front of a JCM800, or ideally a Valvestate 8100 (Model that one please Cliff?) and it takes me back to the late 90's

Back
Top Bottom