Chef's Boss HM2

As far as I know, the guitar players of Bloodbath used a different pedal on their latest album. In the past they used the BOSS HM-2, but now they use a hand made, heavily modified version. It's pretty expensive, but it offers way more sounds than the original pedal. Here's a link to the pedal's description in their webshop: Lone Wolf Audio — Left Hand Wrath highly tuned HM2

Cheers,

GH

wow there's a part of me that just considered buying that, and then i decided not to. but damn i wish it was cheaper i'd probably snag it if it was like half the price

I think Wren & Cuff (known for awesome muff clones like the Box of War) also had a HM-2 clone out. Can't remember the name but it had an image of a someone being hung for a gallows and I remember people being up in arms over the "inappropriate" imagery on some various forums.

Cost more than a real HM-2, or about 10x what you can get the Behringer for, so not sure if it sold well enough for them to still make them even

I don't mean to hate, but I made this patch a while back and I think it's much closer to the real thing. Yours sounded like the HM-2 "lite" to my ears, i'm too lazy to make a clip but I A/B'ed to the pedal and it's ridiculously close. Scene 1 is the amp/cab foundation before adding the HM-2, Scene 2 is full-on HM-2 mode with clip type set to FW Rect which is the key to nailing this pedal IMHO.
Axe-Change - Download Preset - HM-2 Emulator - by jsl2h

GUITAR CENTER THE OTHER DAY......I HEARD THE EXSACT REPULSIVE TONE COMMING FROM A KID PLAYING THROUGH A KEMPER.

THE KID WAS DIGGING IT.

Bump. This would really help me get down all of Nightmare's Made Flesh ;). I should borrow my friend's to try and copy.

why was i not aware of this!?

will download as soon as i get home!

Pretty much been listening to nothing but bloodbath, hail of bullets, entombed and dismember for about a month, i need this in my life.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Pretty much been listening to nothing but bloodbath, hail of bullets, entombed and dismember for about a month, i need this in my life.
[/FONT]
sound scarey :eek-new:
Indeed. I don't think i want to know what such things do to a mind...

Me thinks the order of the bandnames is wrong.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]hail of bullets, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]bloodbath,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] dismember and entombed would[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] be a more appropriate chronology of events. Just don't invite 'zombie resurrection' to the party or we'll never get rid of them.[/FONT]

A hint to guys who are daring to try this patch out. Add the Jazz 120 model directly after the TM block... add a cab and audition the cabs til you find something that'll take away the worse sizzle and the boomy bottom end, I like the 6 inch, oval. Then add the SM58 mic. Turn room to 40-50%, add a Cathedral reverb at 20%. Go back to the amp block and fine tune your sound. N' Bob's 'yer uncle!!

wow! i'm in swedeath heaven. i think it works better with the F046 cab, the low end sounds a little less flubby that way. thanks chef!

Hey, chef.

Unfortunately, I can't access the audio.

I was wondering what blocks you were using to get this tone. I've got the fx8 on the way , and it has no amp block, so I need to find a way to get a crushing funeral doom distortion with only effects. In my experience, the hm-2 comes very close.

@Aldones Chef and his knowledge having been absent from the forum for some years now. You might be able to analyze the preset if it's Axe-Change using something like FracTool to see how it was composed and work backwards from there for an FX8 approach.

@Aldones Chef and his knowledge having been absent from the forum for some years now. You might be able to analyze the preset if it's Axe-Change using something like FracTool to see how it was composed and work backwards from there for an FX8 approach.

Thanks!
As of now, this might be beyond me, I haven't studied the editors yet because I don't have the USB and plan to primarily work off the pedalboard.

Would anyone be able to suggest the easiest way to approach using only effects blocks to get that huge distortion sound? Not necessarily hm-2, but compressed and dark tone with infinite sustain.

I need to get close to Red Moon Architect, mournful Congregation, Woe Unto Me, or Doom:vs without relying on amp distortion.

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere online, and I can't experiment until everything arrives.

Back
Top Bottom