[Chef inspired] Nature Sounds & Effects presets thread - Post yours here!

After listening to Swedish Chef's nature presets, I went down a multi-hour tweaking rabbit hole to make them even more realistic to my ears. I've been running some of them in the background for calming "ambient nature" sounds.

I created the following reinterpretations into 3 presets (attached below):
  • "CHEF: Birds stereo" -> "Bird Menagerie". This was the most fun playing with different blocks and modifiers to get more variety of birds along with complex call-and-responses. Scene 1 is close to Chef's original bird while Scene 2 is higher pitched. Scenes 3-6 simulate menageries of different birds chittering and calling.
  • "CHEF: Beach stereo" -> "Sea Shore" with a variety of stereo wave sounds with a few variations of birds. IMO it's good enough to have running in the background for relaxation. The birds kinda sound like crows or ospreys. I might try to get the birds sounds closer to seagulls.
  • "CHEF: Wind stereo" -> "Windy Night". Scenes 1-4 are auto-generative while Scenes 5-8 are triggered with an envelope filter from input 1 (e.g. guitar).
Each preset has volume level adjustable with Pedal 1. Feel free to use or modify (and post to this thread if you wish).

Recordings cycle through each scene with 10 seconds per each scene.

Attachments

• Bird Menagerie - P1Vol (yyz.1).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Sea Shore - P1Vol (yyz.1).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Windy Night - P1Vol (yyz.1).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
BTW, I was so impressed with the new bird preset that I may try to simulate different bird calls. I'm not even into birds (latter-day dinos).

Last edited:
@sherry71 can you try to isolate that part? I don't have the tools or skill to do it.

It sounds like it might be done with a slide and delay but can probably get something like it using the synth etc.

@sherry71 Created some seagull candidates. Not exactly the same as in the Slaughter song (which might be difficult to achieve) but might be convincing enough in a mix.

How are you looking to trigger it or is it for recording only?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom