Checking in

Nimbas

Inspired
Hey guys - I've been out of the loop for a while and just wanted to get a pulse on what's going on. I was on the waitlist for an FM3 seems like a year or so ago and just got frustrated checking the site every day and moved on. Current status appears like they are shipping but still delayed? How does everyone like the unit? Anything new on the horizon that's been announced that I should eval before ordering one now? Thanks in advance for the input.

for loud amp tones at any volume, which to me is the whole point / holy grail, nothing beats the fractal platform. sorry about your wait!

for loud amp tones at any volume, which to me is the whole point / holy grail, nothing beats the fractal platform. sorry about your wait!
Oh it's cool - I finally did get my invite eventually but I just let it go at that point. It's just easier to ignore it than be obsessed checking the site every day after a while for me.

The wait for an FM3 should be relatively short. A few weeks ago they were actually in stock with no wait at all. It’s a great unit - especially paired with the FC-6 floor controller. I have an Axe FX III and FC-12 also, but increasingly find myself going with little brother for the convenience.

Hey all, I'm new here. Really excited to get my hands on a FM3. Coming from a Helix rig for the last few years. Heard a friend's FM3 and was immediately sold on it. I received my purchase invitation in November, but hadn't placed my order. I went to place the order yesterday, but the site says they're sold out and they'd have more end of January 2021. Anyone have any secret intel on when some might pop up? I kind of thought the invitation was like the King of Tone waiting list where you could hold onto your purchase email and jump the line when you were ready to purchase.

The wait for an FM3 should be relatively short. A few weeks ago they were actually in stock with no wait at all. It’s a great unit - especially paired with the FC-6 floor controller. I have an Axe FX III and FC-12 also, but increasingly find myself going with little brother for the convenience.
I'm not sure if you might know, but would the Morningstar MC6 do a similar job to Fractal's FC-6? I have a MC6 currently and wasn't sure if getting the FC-6 would be necessary off the bat. Thanks!

Hey all, I'm new here. Really excited to get my hands on a FM3. Coming from a Helix rig for the last few years. Heard a friend's FM3 and was immediately sold on it. I received my purchase invitation in November, but hadn't placed my order. I went to place the order yesterday, but the site says they're sold out and they'd have more end of January 2021. Anyone have any secret intel on when some might pop up? I kind of thought the invitation was like the King of Tone waiting list where you could hold onto your purchase email and jump the line when you were ready to purchase.
I do believe you will get priority if you order from the link in the email.

I got a unit last June (2020) and its replaced the Axe-Fx II and mfc-101 easily for my purposes.

You can do a lot with an MC6, but the FC-6 is WAY easier to set up and MUCH more flexible.
Funny enough, I was able to order a FM3 yesterday. I am still considering the FC-6, but I think I'm going to try to get to know the FM3 a bit before I go all in and replace my MC6. It does really seem like a no brainer, but I want to be absolutely sure that the FM3 is for me. I think it will be, but I like to be a little cautious. Thanks for you help.

Funny enough, I was able to order a FM3 yesterday. I am still considering the FC-6, but I think I'm going to try to get to know the FM3 a bit before I go all in and replace my MC6. It does really seem like a no brainer, but I want to be absolutely sure that the FM3 is for me. I think it will be, but I like to be a little cautious. Thanks for you help.
Nothing wrong with that. I did the same.

Hey guys - I've been out of the loop for a while and just wanted to get a pulse on what's going on. I was on the waitlist for an FM3 seems like a year or so ago and just got frustrated checking the site every day and moved on. Current status appears like they are shipping but still delayed? How does everyone like the unit? Anything new on the horizon that's been announced that I should eval before ordering one now? Thanks in advance for the input.
They got caught up with the waitlist late last year and it was in stock for immediate order for a while. But they must have sold through the stock they had on hand and needed to get a fresh shipment since they went on backorder again for a bit. But at this point I'd expect you to wait between a week and a month, not a year like last time.

The FM3 itself is well received, but has/had some firmware growing pains after initial release. Recently in 3.01 the amp models were brought into line with the Axe FX III models, and a handful of other improvements have made it in. Many of the USB and Freezing issues seem to have been resolved, though some people are still experiencing some. It's been quiet on the new update front for the last month with the holidays but seems like things are about to get moving again soon with some confirm features for the next firmware releases.

I've been happy with mine, I sold my Axe FX III since the FM3 met my needs and was easier to bring to band practices.

As for other new things on the horizon, there's always the HX Stomp, the new HX Stomp XL was either announced or leaked which adds more buttons, and the Neural DSP Quad cortex is on the verge of being released, with lots of hype but lots of uncertainty. The first demo videos have just come out of embargo, and I don't know if shipments have even started some any early firmware issue aren't really known yet, or how long it'll take for them to fulfill their preorders. It has a touch screen and can also do kemper style amp captures, but it's also a brand new platform from a brand new company coming in hot after being delayed a few times so there could definitely be growing pains when it does finally get in peoples hands.

Thanks guys - I've had a Helix for a while which I like - I got one of the space grey limited editions and it looks awesome. I picked up a used Boss GT-1000 and have been having fun with it for the last week or so - I think they are pretty underrated (I got mine for a good buy though $500). I caught a FM3 in the store a day or so ago so I ordered one to try. I'd like to try the Quad Cortex too - but like others have mentioned that company will have a lot to prove to support a device like that. Of course - it wasn't so long ago none of us had ever heard of Kemper either...

You know all the digital stuff is pretty amazing all the way around - but I still love to plug right into a good clean amp and just let the world pass by. What a great time to be alive (as a guitar player).

My thoughts on the Quad Cortex. From the demo videos I've heard, I don't think the company is trying to emulate/model ( maybe I'm wrong) amps as detailed as Fractal. More like, they're giving you their version of a given Amp.

To my ears, the Fractals sound more authentic to the amps they're modeling. And the Quad Cortex is just a new generic, but good sounding product.
I think those looking for a NEW modern sound will have to look into the Quad Cortex. Especially those who have already purchased their plugins.

But, again, not being a "homer" :😎the Fractals ( AX2, AX8, FM3, AX3) emulates the hell out said amp better..

Back
Top Bottom