AFIII Check this kid out!!!

You ever watch someone play and think to yourself....why do I even pick up a guitar? lol

Absolutely killer playing.
Yes it reminds me a sentence “internet is always here to reminds you you’re a shit”🤣, but no . In the end this type of video gives me hope for humanity . When I see all these stupid people, wars and all that stuff, I’m happy to see someone on earth that masters his instrument technically . So much better than weapons

Maybe I should interest myself on Paul gilbert a little more. I know he is a good guitarist, probably have watched a few videos already but nothing that really catch me . Or maybe this guy is better 😅

I love this album. I was shocked when it came out how much mojo it had, given the year it came out; it feels like a well produced Shrapnel album, which is virtually a contradiction in terms. This guy on the YouTube video is fantastic; I love hearing someone attain this ability, and his choice of song is something I can completely get behind.

I mean…. it was ok….. I guess…… if you like that kind of thing.

1651692223633.gif

In all seriousness though thats some excellent playing. PG and Guthrie G are pretty much the only two virtuosos who's music I can listen to.

I echo the sentiment there is hope for humanity when you see younger guys playing this type of guitar driven music. I really felt that when I first saw Jason Kui as well.

I don't aspire to that "kind" of playing, so I can enjoy it, and not feel bad
about my own playing and ability to Boomer Bend with the best of them. :)
I'm with you on that. I think there comes a time in your guitar journey where you accept what you are and what you are not. Stay in your own pocket and continue to refine it as best you can. Otherwise, you just feel like S**t when you see amazing players like that.

I'm with you on that. I think there comes a time in your guitar journey where you accept what you are and what you are not. Stay in your own pocket and continue to refine it as best you can. Otherwise, you just feel like S**t when you see amazing players like that.

Yup. Jealousy and envy---and the self-consciousness that comes with those--is for teenagers. ;)

I am just grateful for all the players who inspired us to play, and still do. Even if the inspiration is
to put the axe down and just listen and enjoy them play.

Yup. Jealousy and envy---and the self-consciousness that comes with those--is for teenagers. ;)

I am just grateful for all the players who inspired us to play, and still do. Even if the inspiration is
to put the axe down and just listen and enjoy them play.
A friend of mine who was getting pretty decent at guitar quit playing after we both had moved away from each other. His reason was "there are all these kids (and girls - to quote him properly) who play better than I do so why even try?" (This was after YouTube had started getting popular). It's not a competition. I think everyone has a voice and means of expression that they can make their own. Probably a bit of hubris revealed in his remark and selling off all his gear for that reason. I responded that no one guitarist was ever "the best", but many are great, and the point is to have fun. If you can get a job doing it, then awesome!

That's kind of sad, Larry.

For me, it has more to do with mental and spiritual well-being than winning a trophy. :)

Some studies have suggested that playing a musical instrument also keeps us younger from a
cognitive standpoint.
Definitely agreed. It's my therapy. And music is a never ending learning process, you can't ever get to the end of it, even just on guitar. There is always another style, rhythmic pattern, scale, chord progression, tone and effect, etc.

It is really sad because he also needed money from selling his gear to fund a drug addiction. I don't know the details, but he went down to being homeless, and I've lost contact with him.

Back
Top Bottom