Check out the new amp :)

You've inspired me!

attachment.php

Just need to build a front plate and order a Beta 10cx!

How is that power amp anyhow? Seems like it would be to low of power. I'm especially at a loss because I have a few 16ohm guitar cabs.

Just got it so I haven't put it through the paces yet. I will try it on Friday through my Rivera 4 x 12 16 ohm cab and report back. It's rated at 180 watts (bridged mono) at 8 ohms so I believe that puts it around 90 watts @ 16 ohm. In this case, it's just for home use frfr so volume isn't important.

I gotcha - do let me know what you think. I just can't really tell whether those are analog tube watts similar to the output of what the 44 magnum/ retro channel does or more like solid state kind of watts ie like a matrix or my carvin.

So I finally had a chance to try it out at band levels... it can hold it's own! I was plenty loud with the ISP level at noon and the AxeFX output at ~ 9:00. This was up against another guitar player using a Live XT through a Marshall 9200 and a Bass player that thinks he's the star of the band and is way too loud. Ultimately, I decided to blend the ISP/Rivera 4x12 on output 2 with output 1 going through a Matrix Q12a.

Back
Top Bottom