Cheaper alternatives to MFC ?

Not that I know of - you'd have to connect direct to the back of the axe. Still, pretty neat setup - only two cables (if you phantom power the controller)

I bought a used Rocktron Midi Mate on Craigslist for $75. Not that hard to programs. There are tutorials on YouTube, and it has the ability to send CC messages and three modes of operation. bank, instant and controller mode. in controller mode you have 5 preset switches and 5 controller buttons. Also with a 7 pin midi cable you can send phantom power through the AFX2 if you plug the wall-wart in the AFX2.
In short, it works well and has enough options right out of the box to get you in the ballpark. Check it out.

@larryseyer,
What is this chip upgrade for? How much are you planning to sell yours for?

It's the EurekaSound $35 chip.

I don't know what it's worth... but anything is better than letting it sit in my closet unused. Make me an offer.

I'm selling it 'as is' however. I have it still in the box it came in. Last time I hooked it up it worked fine. Got the original chip in the box also.

PM me.

L

It's the EurekaSound $35 chip.

I don't know what it's worth... but anything is better than letting it sit in my closet unused. Make me an offer.

I'm selling it 'as is' however. I have it still in the box it came in. Last time I hooked it up it worked fine. Got the original chip in the box also.

PM me.

L

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I have changed my mind. I think I would like to get the one with stomp box switch.

This one works perfectly and uses phantom power but just one expression pedal.

[FCB8N] Programmable MIDI Foot Controller

Cheers S

I remember this footpedal from a previous thread. Although it looks to have a lot of nice features at a nice price, I only see a MIDI Out. No MIDI In? Doesn't this eliminate the ability to do a SYSEX dump for backup in case you lose or toast this pedal? Major negative IMO, and if they rectified this or added USB connectivity or some other way to save settings (on board backup card???), this might be a player. But not until then.

FCB with Uno chip is a good cheap option. You can often find them used for $100 or so, sometimes even with chip. Chip was only $10 or so when I got it. Besides letting you do a stomp box style setup with the FCB, the other potentially huge thing the chip does is make midi thru work which means you can hook a 2nd controller into the FCB (and there Axe) via midi in on FCB...another FCB perhaps or I was using a Behringer fader/knob box so I could do things like tap tempo and have amp gain controls always accessible plus more pedal on/offs. Not so important to have external knobs with the II if it's near you as it was with Ultra.

I can't remember the name of the midi editor I used with the FCB, but it worked fine and I didn't find it that hard to set up.

I have been using the Midi mate which works well and is suoer easy to setup and program. With help from folks on this site of course. In controller mode, which I use all the time-you get 4 presets and 5IA's in each bank. Plenty for me.
They are cheap also.

I bought a used Rocktron Midi Mate on Craigslist for $75. Not that hard to programs. There are tutorials on YouTube, and it has the ability to send CC messages and three modes of operation. bank, instant and controller mode. in controller mode you have 5 preset switches and 5 controller buttons. Also with a 7 pin midi cable you can send phantom power through the AFX2 if you plug the wall-wart in the AFX2.
In short, it works well and has enough options right out of the box to get you in the ballpark. Check it out.

+1 they are built like a tank. Make sure you get the second version as the first doesn't let you use half for program change and half for CCs. They also have two inputs for pedals.

I also have a midi mate - very nice controller, and perfect with the I/As. I just don't like the form factor and the look for some reason :eek:

I have heard that there has been few firmware changes in GCP. Are these updates for Eleven Rack only, or do these affect Axe FX II as well?
Will buying a GCP will older firmware make any difference for Axe FX Users?

I am assuming you can switch FX on/off using GPC, but can you change..the X/Y settings within an FX in the same preset?

Last edited:
I have heard that there has been few firmware changes in GCP. Are these updates for Eleven Rack only, or do these affect Axe FX II as well?
Will buying a GCP will older firmware make any difference for Axe FX Users?

I am assuming you can switch FX on/off using GPC, but can you change..the X/Y settings within an FX in the same preset?

I'm answering out of ignorance when it comes to using the GCP with the Axe ll here so it's just a guess...

1st off yes you can change the effects on and off with the GCP when it's in the 4 Preset / 8 A/I mode. I would have to say you should be able to change the X/Y settings but it will cost you an A/I. As to firmware updates unless there is something that has to do specifically with the Axe FX (check the release notes) I doubt it will change anything.

my two cent ...

Roland FC-300

Roland-FC300.jpg

- two expression pedals
- two assignable #CC on the CTL buttons
- can be powered with standard AA cells
- you can add external pedals, buttons

To the people using the Behringer FCB 1010, what numbers do you have to assign it's two controller pedals to so you can use them for Volume, Wah, or Whammy?
I just got one with the Eurekaprom chip and got the programs changing and 10 effects of my choice turning on and off, but can't get either of the pedals doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom