Cheap, but good wireless IEM?

Clockwork Creep

Power User
Hi there.
Currently I am using a double cable. A guitar cable + a headphone cable in one sleeve for my live gigs.
The cable is 10 m long and it's fairly heavy and I wish to go completely wireless. I am about to buy a Line 6 G10, which is a fairly cheap guitar wireless, which seems to be very easy to use - no licenses, no exangable batteries. Just plug and play, which is cool and 15 m distance is enough for what i do (Hey, I use a 10 m cable, so that's more than I need).
But that doesn't yet solve my quest for complete wirelessness, as I still have the headphones cable to lose. I am looking for a wireless IEM system.
Here's what I am looking for: Rack mountable, double IEM wireless system, or two half a rack space units So I, and the bassist can both us it with our own mixes, which has a small depth in the rack case. No licenses to buy. Works well within 15 m to match the G10, no need for more. Easy to use. Less than 500 Eur. Possible? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shure PSM 200 is discontinued (replaced with 300 - which adds stereo). In the states you can find these <= $250 each so maybe an option to look into on your side of the pond.

Cheers

Shure PSM 200 is stereo or you can use it as a 2 channel mixer so you can have a separate volume for your guitar and the band mix minus your guitar. Gives you more control on the fly! I use rechargeable 9 volt with it.
The Carvin EM 900 is rated as one of the best of the less expensive IEMs and Carvin often has them on sale for 15-20% off.

I have a mipro system that's not too bad. No dropouts and I think they came out with a digital system now too. I've had it for 5 I did have a friend purchase the car in system and have a lot of issues with it. I'm sure it's maybe isolated but thought I'd add.

We have 2 sennheiser g3s and two Carvin em900. No issues as of late. I did have a Carvin system that wouldn't come out of mute once, but never did it again.

Back
Top Bottom