Cheap Basses

Keg8605

Power User
Any recommendations for some of the cheap basses out there? Mainly in the 200 dollar range? I see some squier P Basses, a few musicman sterlings, and a bunch of ibanez ones. I know nothing about any of them...

I'm a non metal guy, mostly rock.

Try to get a used Ibanez BTB. IMHO, One of the best Basses in the "Bang-for-the-Buck-Area" Frakin' tone!!!!

As with most all things, you get what you pay for. Having said that, I will agree with the general sentiment that the Ibanez basses are great for their pricing.
I have the SR-755 and absolutely love it. It covers all my bases (hahaha), sounds great, and is super comfy to play for extended periods of time.
It has met and surpassed my expectations for over a year now. All this being said by a guitarist. Full time bass players will have other opinions I'm sure.

Bass player I know picked up an 'Ocean' fretless 4 string (they also sell fretted, and 5 string) bass at guitar center for, if I recall correctly, under $300.00. It's pretty, well-balanced, has great active pups, is very playable, and sounds great. I was kind of amazed.

Appreciate the input fellas. I'll look into each of these. I really dig the look to the cheap sterling. Anybody play both the ibanez and sterling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't played any of the basses mentioned. The Sterling bass looks nice and the Epi EB-3 has a major cool vibe.
I've went through quite a few cheap basses over the years, my favorite is the Squire vintage modern Jazz bass, really punchy with full rich harmonics.
I do notice since they stopped making them in Korea that the nuts are cut a bit high.

it's not quite down in the $200 range, but you might get a decent carvin for just a little more. If I was looking for an undervalued guitar, Carvin is the place to start.

Keep us posted on what you get and what you think of it Kerry
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom