ChatGPT vs Fractal

What about ChatGPT and Fractal?

Would it be possible to feed Fractal's code to ChatGPT and based on that and its "knowledge" let it refine the code?

I don't think this would make things better. ChatGPT is in my opinion a proof-of-concept, which is absolutely impressive, but it's not nearly good enough to replace real human (one must add this nowadays(?)) experts!

I've thought about this a bit more. Disclaimer: I'm no computer scientist and no expert in machine learning etc, but still I think I know enough about it to have an educated opinion on this.

My thoughts are based on what ChatGPT can do in the area of human interaction, which is the original intention ("chat"). Looks like it's a model which has been trained with a LOT of data! And with LOT I mean it in the most possible capital writing … LOT! (And there's other "magic" going on I'm sure, which I cannot comprehend) What was it trained with? It was trained with real human interaction, because that's what it's supposed to imitate. It has been on the media quite a lot, that apparently this lead to ChatGPT being e.g. quite racist. So what is ChatGPT next to being impressive? It's a mirror of our (western) society. Looks like it's nearly impossible to exclude such "character traits" in an AI.

Another example of an AI that is only as good as the data it was trained with: Spleeter. Spleeter is an AI that can extract e.g. vocals from normal audio files. I've installed it recently and it's very apparent, that it works best on well known songs and struggles quite a lot on not so popular music, music styles, soundscapes etc. E.g. with ABBA it works fantastic. So the AI can only be as good as the data it was trained with.

Now to the development of computer code, more specifically to computer code which the AxeFX and other such products are based on. Was ChatGPT also trained specifically with such data? I highly doubt it! Good simulations of such highly complex circuits with all the interactions between the components are still quite new and not really publicly available. I might be wrong here, but that's what I've learned by owning AxeFX'es and following this forum for many years.

tldr: afaik ChatGPT wasn't trained with data about modelling amps etc. in code, so I highly doubt that it can create code of a modelling that surpasses the AxeFX'es and all the other comparable modellers out there.

However, I'm not so sure about profilers. There are quite a lot of profiling plugins out there based on machine learning, which are done as a hobby project and they are very convincing. So I can imagine that profiling can be improved a lot based on good machine learning models. Maybe we can get profilers with native controls soon? This could become a real challenge for all modellers! But that's just a gut feeling, because like I said earlier: I'm no expert in this.

Uh oh - is this where we're heading? Watch this and be spooked that so much could be achieved by having a "conversation" with an AI Bot.

It ain't there yet - nowhere near it, but.....

One thing that is nifty is the ability to throw a framework around a programming paradigm, which for beginners to some new method would provide a leg up on what they are directly interested in!

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 8.11.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 8.11.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 8.13.26 PM.png

^^ Missing lots of stuff. But it's not made to do specialty things like this (yet).

Last edited:
ChatGPT was bogged down most of the day today. Was that you guys feeding your code through it trying to get the CPU usage below 80%?

Today too :sob: It's been all over the news so millions of jerk-offs like me are jamming it up.

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 9.39.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.46.17 AM.png

Last edited:
My buddy at work today says, "hey, have you heard about ChatGPT? I've been playing with it on my holiday break. Check this out"

He shares a screen with me and tells it, "write an Ansible script to change a password".

Boom! 10 seconds later...

It's simple, but very interesting to see a breadth of info they must be feeding it.

It’s just a Wikipedia regurgitator. I’m impressed, but not for the reasons they think I should be.
The first thing I saw created with Chat GPT was a bot that will negotiate your Comcast bill down.
Real money benefit, in the real world, the first week after it was released.
I think you’re underestimating it still.

The first thing I saw created with Chat GPT was a bot that will negotiate your Comcast bill down.
Real money benefit, in the real world, the first week after it was released.
I think you’re underestimating it still.
Hey this is ChatGPT vs Fractal not vs Comcast! :p

320639529_560454215515830_7254280434898925275_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom