Charlie Hunter attempt

so what do you guys think about this rotary preset? I've been working on it quite a bit. I know there's a lot of people here trying to nail a good Leslie Rotary.

I bet in a mix it would sound very close to Charlie. I don't believe I've seen anyone tackle the Charlie Hunter tone in this forum. I think you came very close IMO. Kudos!

I found this thread in this thread
and got inspiration to look further into my own rotary preset.

Mr.Rotary - this is my original rotary as explained in this thread

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mr.Rotary - by Cobrango

Mr.Rotary2 - this is almost the same one but with settings from yek in post #51 in this thread

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mr.Rotary2 - by Cobrango

Mr.Rotary3 - this is almost the same as Mr.Rotary2 with the same settings from yek only configured for a stereo thing

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mr.Rotary3 - by Cobrango

Mr.Rotary4 - this is my new personal favourite. it's the same as Mr.Rotary3 only with the rotary settings from my original Mr.Rotary (1)

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mr.Rotary4 - by Cobrango

notice how I've set the low depth to 0% in Mr.Rotary4. this is because I play 8-string and want the low strings to be constant, kind of like Charlie Hunter. I don't know if he does it this way but it just seemed more natural to me. I know leslies have a low end and high end horn but Charlie Hunter is doing it more like bass guitar without leslie + leslie simulation in the guitar parts using two outputs going into different amps. the rotaries are panned left and right like in Mr.Rotary3. I use external 4 normally so check that one out if you're using external pedals for rate configuration. thank you yek for the inspiration found in this thread

hope you guys can check these out - I love Mr.Rotary4! :D think I have to record something with it.

kind of like Mr.Rotary4 only I spent a lot of time to get a decent drive pedal going on. check it out :D I tried to get the warm tube kind of overdrive going on. still working on it though. to get a good idea of it try to explore the sound by backing of the tone control on the guitar a bit, different pickups, playing dynamic etc. I'm using an Ibanez rga8 with dimarzio ionizers to tweak these. hope you like them all! :)

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mr.Rotary5 - by Cobrango

I bet in a mix it would sound very close to Charlie. I don't believe I've seen anyone tackle the Charlie Hunter tone in this forum. I think you came very close IMO. Kudos!

thank you :) I think his sound in the clip is more intense/brighter or something. I think the preset will sound even closer with fresh strings on, I need to change mine :p

Back
Top Bottom