Channels

L

luke

After reading through various threads, I have to admit I do not fully understand what channels are and how this is a vast improvement.

Can someone in the know explain it?

Here is an example of how I am using them. I use 4 scenes for a single preset. They are clean, dirt, heavy, and lead. I can use 4 different amps in the same preset.

Scene # Amp channel Amp model
1 A Fender double verb
2 B Friedman Dirty Shirley
3 C 5153 Blue
4 D 5153 Red

Here is an example of how I am using them. I use 4 scenes for a single preset. They are clean, dirt, heavy, and lead. I can use 4 different amps in the same preset.

Stupid forum is not preserving spaces. Let me try again

Scene 1 uses amp channel A which selects the Fender double verb
Scene 2 uses amp channel B which selects the Dirty Shirley model
Scene 3 uses amp channel C which selects the 5153 Blue model
Scene 4 uses amp channel D which selects the 5153 Red model

Stupid forum is not preserving spaces. Let me try again

Scene 1 uses amp channel A which selects the Fender double verb
Scene 2 uses amp channel B which selects the Dirty Shirley model
Scene 3 uses amp channel C which selects the 5153 Blue model
Scene 4 uses amp channel D which selects the 5153 Red model

Ah, so you can now use four independent amps per preset.

Ah, so you can now use four independent amps per preset.
NO... Not quite... And just one use case.

Continuing to use the Amp block as ONE example:

In a preset, you can have up to two Amp blocks. These can be active simultaneously (or not) and are independent of each other.

Within each Amp block, you have 4 channels. Each channel allows for a unique amp type and its settings to be stored. You can use 1 channel from each Amp block at a time.

So, you can have 8 different possible Amps in a single preset... But they are not all independent. Only two can be active simultaneously, and those 2 must be in separate blocks.

The same thing applies for most blocks, although some have less than 4 channels.

As has been described elsewhere, it's like you can have 4 "presets" for a block within your preset.

Can I ask, do the modifiers attach to the block as per the Axe II, or can you have different modifier set up's per channel?
e.g. with the II if you attach a modifier to the amp input gain on 'X' that modifier will also be there and acting on 'Y' - is this still the case for the III albeit with channels rather than 'X Y" states.

Can I ask, do the modifiers attach to the block as per the Axe II, or can you have different modifier set up's per channel?
e.g. with the II if you attach a modifier to the amp input gain on 'X' that modifier will also be there and acting on 'Y' - is this still the case for the III albeit with channels rather than 'X Y" states.
No change there... :(

After reading through various threads, I have to admit I do not fully understand what channels are and how this is a vast improvement.

Can someone in the know explain it?
Luke!!! Basically, in each block (i.e. drive, reverb, pitch, etc) you can set 4 different saved parameters. Say, you open a Drive block, it can look like this...

Channel A : Zendrive
Channel B : Tube Screamer
Channel C : FAS Boost
Channel C : FAS Boost (with more gain)

You can apply that to any block. Keep in mind, that when you do Channels on your amp block, if you change the actual amp for another channel, there will be a sound drop for a slight second. ONLY if you change amp. If you have the same amp but with all different settings in each channel, it'll change instantly.

Also, you can set your scenes to engage different channels. For instance, SCENE 1 can engage AMP 1 with Channel B on, whereas SCENE 2 can engage AMP 1 with Channel D and Drive Channel A on. Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom