Wish Channels-In-Use indicator

dongzo

Experienced
When copying channels from other presets, it would be nice to be able to see which channels are already in use across all scenes in preset you want to paste into. This would give you a nice overview over available channels without going thru all scenes in a preset, block by block. Very easy to decide to use an existing block or having to make en extra.
The indicator could be inside the block (see picture) and have 3 states...."Black"-unused", "Blue"-used in current scene, "Red"-used in one or more scenes.
Channels are 1-4 starting from the top.
I have only used the Amp block as example but it should, of course, cover all block types :)

Cheers :)

channel_in_use_zpsytbmqt9a.jpg
[/URL]

All Channels and Scenes are “used” though. They aren’t blank at any point. Even if you don’t use Scene 8, it has information in it. How would the Axe determine what is and isn’t used?

All Channels and Scenes are “used” though. They aren’t blank at any point. Even if you don’t use Scene 8, it has information in it. How would the Axe determine what is and isn’t used?
^^^ this. There's always data there.

^^^ this. There's always data there.

Read the OP again...;) It confused me at first too....

Not sure how I feel about the wish, but.....

Each block (with channels) would indicate which channel was being used in any of the 8 scenes within the preset. In the example that was posted, Channels 'A','C', and 'D' are being used. Channel 'B', which of course has data in it, but it is not being used at all in that particular preset. As you select the scenes, the indicators for channels 'A', 'C', and 'D' would go from red to blue, depending on the channel being used in the current scene.

Read the OP again...;) It confused me at first too....

Not sure how I feel about the wish, but.....

Each block (with channels) would indicate which channel was being used in any of the 8 scenes within the preset. In the example that was posted, Channels 'A','C', and 'D' are being used. Channel 'B', which of course has data in it, but it is not being used at all in that particular preset. As you select the scenes the indicators for channels 'A', 'C', and 'D' would go from red to blue, depending on the channel being used in the current scene.
Ah. Hmm. Seems of limited use but I see where my reading comprehension failed.

I don’t think the first post was clear. “Available channel” can be interpreted several ways. Moke’s clarification (or interpretation) is clear for that intent of this feature.

Yeah...Moke's explanation was a lot better than my own. Sorry for the bad explanation...but at least you got the point :)

The request assumes that a copied channel will be pasted onto a block’s channel that isn’t the “active” channel in any of the scenes of the preset. I doubt that this is the most common copy/paste scenario.

The request assumes that a copied channel will be pasted onto a block’s channel that isn’t the “active” channel in any of the scenes of the preset. I doubt that this is the most common copy/paste scenario.
It is if you want to keep your stuff intact while you experiment with the new channel. :)

Yeah, I understand what/why.

Nothing against it as long as the display doesn't get more difficult to decipher.

But I still doubt its practical use.

it's a smart idea for that one situation, but i don't see it being used often, and may just clutter up the block display.

good thought for sure!

The idea is good, but mix two different concept: "active" an "used".
Active=channel used in current scene and preset.
Used= channel activated in any scene in the current preset.

Am I right?

I guess this is for showing the active channel in the current scene?
My suggestion is that there was 4 indicators to see which channels are active across all scenes...the indicator in the current scene could be another color :)
Yes
But there are 8 scenes so why 4 indicators ?

Back
Top Bottom