Channel Volume On Multi-Channel Amps

ertan

Experienced
Hi,

As far as I know, different channel volume/master volume settings on the amps with channel volume (for example the big Rectos) yield to result in different tone.

Is there anything about this in the Axe FX 2? I don't mean that it is necessary, I just wondered about it. I can never get a good tone from the Rectos (I don't like them anyways), and can it be about this? If the channel volumes have default settings, what is it set to at the Recto 2 Red Modern for example?

Lastly, it is about the Mark IIC+ (as always). Today I discovered that when I crank the MV (really crank it!) the tone gets much less muffled. Right now I set it to 9 for high gain tones. Is this normal? Is this related to the channel volume thing (if there is something like that in the real IIC+, I never had one).

Thanks.

I'm not sure that it does. There are definitely amps in which using the channel volume vs. the master volume will yield very different results.

I had a single recto, it had a very funny farty sounds with all its channels with their channel volume cranked. Clean was spanky and fuzzy, OD channels were like broken fuzz pedals.

Back
Top Bottom