Channel switching poweramp

Shortlife

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for a good poweramp that will output 16ohms and can be channel switched via Midi from my FX8.
I have my FX8 connected to an Engl E636 and a Peavey 6505+ in 7 cable method, both amps are loaded down and run into a Palmer Macht 402 Solid state poweramp for slaving into an Engl pro cabinet.

At the moment I use the poweramp in bridged mode into my Engl Pro 4x12 cab at 8 ohms, but what I would like to do is come from a channel switchable poweramp in parallel mode, into the cab in stereo mode in 16 ohms.
This would allow me to set up patches on the FX8 to switch between amps, effects and channels in a single tap.

I am looking for something under 1500 Euro, any help is appreciated.

I used to have a Hughes and Kettner VS-250 tube power amp and it could be switched between triode and pentode mode, and also between British and American presence spoke with foot switches.

I bought it used (very!) And it had been modified to remove 2 of the 3 power transformers. Apparently from the factory they have 3 different power transformers to operate in different countries. That thing was a beast!

I used to have a Hughes and Kettner VS-250 tube power amp and it could be switched between triode and pentode mode, and also between British and American presence spoke with foot switches.

I bought it used (very!) And it had been modified to remove 2 of the 3 power transformers. Apparently from the factory they have 3 different power transformers to operate in different countries. That thing was a beast!

I just managed to pick up a used Randall RT2/50 Poweramp off Ebay. The auction also included a rack case the Randall MTS RM4 and four preamps, The Ultra, Treadplate, SL+ and Kirk Hammett 3, all for only €650.

I was expecting the Randall to be hard to find and expensive. so I am very happy now, and it should be a great fun with the FX8.

Cheers.

I just managed to pick up a used Randall RT2/50 Poweramp off Ebay. The auction also included a rack case the Randall MTS RM4 and four preamps, The Ultra, Treadplate, SL+ and Kirk Hammett 3, all for only €650.

I was expecting the Randall to be hard to find and expensive. so I am very happy now, and it should be a great fun with the FX8.

Cheers.
Ok... so, I think you confused things by referring a "channel switching power amp". The Randall RT/50 is not a power amp... it is a guitar amp, including a pre-amp section.

Ok... so, I think you confused things by referring a "channel switching power amp". The Randall RT/50 is not a power amp... it is a guitar amp, including a pre-amp section.

It is the RT2-50 I am talking about,

The Randall RT2-50 is a 50W/50W 2-channel stereo power amp. It can switched via MIDI or is footswitchable with RF4 foot controller. Comes with 6L6s in Channel 1, and EL34s in Channel 2. Each channel has master volume, presence, and density controls; MIDI in/thru; and 4-, 8-, or 16-ohm switch. Paired with RM4 preamps, the switchable channels with different tube arrays let you create classic amp sounds with even greater realism.

FEATURES

• 50W/50W all tubes
  • 2-channels
  • Footswitchable with the RF4 foot controller or via MIDI
  • 6L6s in Channel 1
  • EL34s in Channel 2
  • Each channel has master volume, presence, and density controls
  • MIDI in/thru
I had been looking for something new that offers similar functions, but it seems there is nothing else like it around.

It is the RT2-50 I am talking about,

The Randall RT2-50 is a 50W/50W 2-channel stereo power amp. It can switched via MIDI or is footswitchable with RF4 foot controller. Comes with 6L6s in Channel 1, and EL34s in Channel 2. Each channel has master volume, presence, and density controls; MIDI in/thru; and 4-, 8-, or 16-ohm switch. Paired with RM4 preamps, the switchable channels with different tube arrays let you create classic amp sounds with even greater realism.

FEATURES

• 50W/50W all tubes
  • 2-channels
  • Footswitchable with the RF4 foot controller or via MIDI
  • 6L6s in Channel 1
  • EL34s in Channel 2
  • Each channel has master volume, presence, and density controls
  • MIDI in/thru
I had been looking for something new that offers similar functions, but it seems there is nothing else like it around.
I see... yeah, interesting concept.

Maybe just look at an Axe Fx instead of the tube amps - all of that stuff is fully modeled :D

OK. So are you wanting to switch between stereo modes on the cab and mono (parallel modes)? If so you may be looking at a multi channel (4 channel amp) capable of running 2 in stereo and the other 2 in parallel unless you can find some way of switching the signal feeding the amp between mono and stereo. (A/B/Y)

Back
Top Bottom