Channel mix fading for delays

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
I guess this is not possible, howbeit.. :

Tried to balance delay mix values for a patch I made. In this patch I change from (multi delay quad tap) delay block channel A (8% mix) to B (30% mix) using the same effect block with different mix and feedback settings. Actually this results with some transition noise from A to B when the 30% mix is chiming in at channel change. Tried to attach the mix parameter of the B channel to an enveloppe but when doing this the envelope controller becomes common for A and B channel mix values, which is not the desired effect as the mix value of 30% is much too high for channel A.

Anything that could be done about that ? (or another solution of course, the objective is to smoothen out the parameter value changes at channel change).

Try keeping mix at the higher value (or 50% to leave room for higher delay levels in the future), then adjust the input gain parameter instead to set the delay level in each channel. This way the level of things you already played into the delay won't change when the channel changes.

Back
Top Bottom