• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? Channel Library Type changing on recall

kptkarl

Inspired
Seeing a random issue where recalling a saved Channel Library setting changes Type. Seeing it in the Reverb block for sure as that gets the most use for me.
For example I'll save a setting saved with Type Sun Plate using Save as current channel only. Somewhere along the way in another preset I'll recall that setting from the Library and it will recall it as Large Hall or some other Type.
If I select Refresh block definitions under preferences it seems to clear this issue up until the next time it happens. Selecting Refresh Library from the Library drop down does not clear the issue.
Also I looked in the blocks folder and noticed that a few that I've since renamed using the Library drop down hold the original name in the file name. Which could part of the issue. So instead of renaming I've resorted to saving a new file and deleting the old one.
Other trouble shooting I've done is to completely wipe Edit and associated files and reload FW 4 on FM3.

(MacOS 11.5)

Last edited:

kptkarl

Inspired
Since updating to Edit .02 and FM3 FW 4.01 more strange behavior when recalling a saved channel library setting. The Type is again wrong. Should be Deluxe Mind Guy. The level, mix and eq are not what was saved either. Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 11.09.21 AM.png

Petrocelli

Inspired
Seeing a random issue where recalling a saved Channel Library setting changes Type. Seeing it in the Reverb block for sure as that gets the most use for me.
For example I'll save a setting saved with Type Sun Plate using Save as current channel only. Somewhere along the way in another preset I'll recall that setting from the Library and it will recall it as Large Hall or some other Type.
If I select Refresh block definitions under preferences it seems to clear this issue up until the next time it happens. Selecting Refresh Library from the Library drop down does not clear the issue.
Also I looked in the blocks folder and noticed that a few that I've since renamed using the Library drop down hold the original name in the file name. Which could part of the issue. So instead of renaming I've resorted to saving a new file and deleting the old one.
Other trouble shooting I've done is to completely wipe Edit and associated files and reload FW 4 on FM3.

(MacOS 11.5)
Until now i don't have such problems under Win10! You wrote randomly - can you tell how many % it happes?

Top Bottom