Changing Scenes Via Midi

Juan Loco

Hi there
I am using an MFC 101 as a midi controller to change patches on the stage MFC 101 for an artist I work with. Patch changes all work fine, no problem there. The offstage MFC is set to Axe FX mode 'NONE' and is connected to the stage board via midi.

What I am trying to do if it's possible is, say the stage board is set to bank size 10, so 11-15 are IA switches set up to change scenes, is then to be able to access those from the offstage controller board and change the scenes on the AXE FX II. This would be a much better option in a live situation rather than using the 'Quick Control A' knob on the Axe FX unit.

Just can't get it to work, anyone help with this?

Cheers

MFC MIDI In use is limited to PC recall of MFC presets.

If you connect the off-stage MFC to the Axe-FX MIDI In (while stage MFC uses MFC or FASlink) it should work, at least the part about actually recalling the scene on the Axe-FX. I'm not sure if the Axe will cause the stage MFC (assuming Axe-FX II mode) to reflect the new scene and IA states.

I'm not sure if the Axe will cause the stage MFC (assuming Axe-FX II mode) to reflect the new scene and IA states.
i think it would if both the Stage MFC and Axe are in TotalSync mode. i haven't used an MFC in a long time though.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I used to have both boards connected to the Axe FX (stage via Cat 5, offstage via MIDI) and it caused all sorts of problems, especially if the artist trod on the Expression pedal during a patch change, absolute MIDI mayhem!!

After lengthy discussions with Fractal and another tech who uses the Axe FX system, I now run it with the offstage as the Master to the stage board as the slave and that into the Axe FX, this setup is totally solid but just can't get it to do the scene thing.

Back
Top Bottom