Changing Reverb quality not affecting CPU?

So reverb quality doesn’t matter or it just isn’t registering correctly?

Apologies, a search for this before posting didn’t reveal anything.

So reverb quality doesn’t matter or it just isn’t registering correctly?

Apologies, a search for this before posting didn’t reveal anything.
it does matter the same as it did before. changing Reverb quality changes the quality of the Reverb.

it is registering correctly.

Reverb is on a dedicated CPU core, so it's not "reported" in the CPU number you see. just like the Amp and Delay blocks.

it is working correctly, as intended.

It's this behavior unique to the FM9? I thought on the Axe 3, the amp blocks ran on a separate chip, not reverbs, and reverb quality did affect cpu usage.

Guess I'll go back and check, but that's what's in my head anyway.

Noticed that right away. The 2 delay blocks are similar. Same with Amps. The rest of the effects share a core.
On the III Reverb quality does change dsp usage %.

I hope it at least defaults to the highest quality setting. Does it?
Not that I’ve seen.

The FM3 doesn’t have the headroom to run at its highest quality in medium to complex layouts, so I think it defaults to normal, but, for most of us in a band/live situation its economical setting is very usable. I run my presets at economical and have no complaints.

I haven’t heard what the FM9 defaults to, but when sharing presets it helps to be conservative and let the end-user raise it to whatever their system can handle. If a shared preset pushes the FM3 beyond its limits it can slow to a crawl as it tries to load the preset.

Last edited:
I thought on the Axe 3, the amp blocks ran on a separate chip, not reverbs, and reverb quality did affect cpu usage.
That is my recollection as well. And on the FM3, changing quality definitely affected the CPU utilization. That was the whole point of adding Economy mode.

This is good news, actually. I can run it in highest all the time.

Not that I’ve seen.

The FM3 doesn’t have the headroom to run at its highest quality in medium to complex layouts, so I think it defaults to normal, but, for most of us in a band/live situation its economical setting is very usable. I run my presets at economical and have no complaints.

I haven’t heard what the FM9 defaults to, but when sharing presets it helps to be conservative and let the end-user raise it to whatever their system can handle. If a shared preset pushes the FM3 beyond its limits it can slow to a crawl as it tries to load the preset.
When sharing presets you should get exactly what's in the preset. The default shouldn't really come into play here...

Back
Top Bottom