Changing presets on FC-6

slinky005

Power User
Will be getting my FC-6 today.
As the FC-6 has very few physical switches I'm curious about how people are incorporating having access to changing presets in their layouts and using the switches for other things at the same time.
I'm coming from an FC-300 where I have two switches to scroll through banks and then I have five more switches for presets within the banks.
To me this seems like I need to have 4 switches dedicated to just changing presets.
I know the FC is completely customizable but I'm curious about examples of how people ware doing this.

This is my current setup. Still tweaking things here and there. I am mainly using 4 layouts. In most of my situations I use scenes 95% of the time and step through my presets one at a time. This setup has become quite intuitive after a few days. I really don't need the Reveal Hold anymore.

Some things to note:
The Tuner is in the same place in all layouts. A must.
I can step up or down presets in the first three layouts. I changed the last one to Amp1 +-db as it's a nice feature to have handy if needed. I rarely use that layout.
I use scenes 1-4 the most. those are all accessed by one tap.
If I have specific effect on a preset I can get to it if needed with the Per Preset settings on the 4th layout. PP#1 and 2.

The FC6 is very capable.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 9.21.32 AM.png

I was referring to the blocks of 12 in the diagram.
Was asking how you get to the bottom 6 - now I understand they're setup as toggles.

Will be getting my FC-6 today.
As the FC-6 has very few physical switches I'm curious about how people are incorporating having access to changing presets in their layouts and using the switches for other things at the same time.
I'm coming from an FC-300 where I have two switches to scroll through banks and then I have five more switches for presets within the banks.
To me this seems like I need to have 4 switches dedicated to just changing presets.
I know the FC is completely customizable but I'm curious about examples of how people ware doing this.

Did you watch any of my videos? https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-6-and-fc-12-videos.146618/

Just got my FC-6 at 7:00pm
Wasn't expecting it to arrive so late.
So after loading up the default layouts and playing around a bit, all my questions about changing presets have been answered.
This thing has Fractal written all over it (so to speak).
Was expensive (considering getting it here to Canada) but holy crap this thing lives up to the hype and I've played with it for about 20 minutes.
It looks and feels expensive.
And I can see the possibilities.
For my needs it's more than adequate.
I can totally see the allure to the FC-12 - for me smaller footprint was what I was looking for.
Very happy customer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom