Changing Preset Order

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
Is there a way to change the order of presets?

Basically what I want to do is simply change the order

I want

preset #4 to be Preset #1
Present # 1 to be Preset #2
then all the rest of the presets automatically follow the updated order

Do the presets have a move up or down function? If so I do not see it.

the ideal functionality would be the ability to go into the directory listing of presets and be able to change order of presets with an up or down arrow.

In any event -- if there is a simple way to do this (without overwriting the presets) please let me know.

Thanks

For what you described you'd have to do 3 swaps: (4-3, 3-2, 2-1) or one of several other sequences that give the same result. So, not too much work but it would be more if this was something like 100 to 1 instead of 4 to 1.

For what you described you'd have to do 3 swaps: (4-3, 3-2, 2-1) or one of several other sequences that give the same result. So, not too much work but it would be more if this was something like 100 to 1 instead of 4 to 1.

Was so much easier with axe edit

Let me start this response with this warning: although I've been able to use "Axe-Manage" without issues, I CAN NOT guarantee that you will not have issues. Make sure to backup your files first so you can always revert back to how your system is now.

With "Axe-Manage" you can do exactly what you have described.
Axe-Manage: organizing presets and user cabs - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Last edited:

Wait, huh? You can't swap from preset 31 to 1 but have to go one unit at a time?? Whoa...

Guess I will wait for AE to do all that LOL.

Wait, huh? You can't swap from preset 31 to 1 but have to go one unit at a time?? Whoa...

Guess I will wait for AE to do all that LOL.

You can swap any 2 presets. The OP description seems to be something different from a simple 1-4 swap. If the first 4 presets were named A, B, C, D he wants to change the order to D, A, B, C.

this is exactly what I am taking about.

Most softwares that have "lists" have ^ v arrows that allow you to select an entry and move it up or down. Would be great to see that in future firmware releases ... will certainly make life easier in times when the Axe-Edit is unavailable for whatever reason

Let me start this response with this warning: although I've been able to use "Axe-Manage" without issues, I CAN NOT guarantee that you will not have issues. Make sure to backup your files first so you can always revert back to how your system is now.

With "Axe-Manage" you can do exactly what you have described.
Axe-Manage: organizing presets and user cabs - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom