Changing preset after a scene change

Guitarsolo

Inspired
I'm trying to figure out how to use the FM3 in live situations that I have coming up. I've got the FM3 set to change presets, and FC6 set to change scenes. When I change a scene on the FC6 and then change a preset on the FM#, I get a reddish warning window that the preset contains unsaved changes, and it forces me to select either ENTER or EXIT in order to proceed
My understanding is that when I change presets, a particular scene is being selected that is the last scene to be used. I don't want this to prevent me from changing presets.
Also, I've been using fractal products for many years, and I feel this setup is the most confusing so far.
Thank goodness for these forums!
Anyone know what I'm going thru and how to fix? Thanks in advance

There's a setting which says "Prompt on unsaved changes" which you must have enabled. Disable it again and it'll stop prompting you.

This is caused because changing the scene "technically" modifies the preset, because whatever scene you currently have loaded is set as the "default" when loading that preset again in the future. It's been asked to change this in the past but it hasn't changed, and unfortunately it makes the "prompt for unsaved changes" setting a little useless if you happen to use scenes, and highly impractical for live use.

Back
Top Bottom