Changing Power Section?

Sean Ashe

Power User
So, I'm unsure if this has been asked before, if so I'm sorry :p

With the Triaxis, I know that Cliff modeled it off of a different power section than a Mesa, and i was wondering if theres a way to configure it to say a... Triaxis and 2:90 style poweramp? My friend markus just got this rig and has been talking about how he loves the tones so i wanted to try and jam on some in my axe ;D

isn't the 2:90 similar to a recto power amp? is that option available?
(I'd be interested in trying this myself)

There's no option to choose a different power section. That's been requested in the past.

Yes, it'd be nice to be able to select the power section independently. The closest you can get is to choose an amp model whose power section you want, and then choose the tone stack that comes closest to the preamp you want. Not the same thing, but it's still useful.

:/ That just stinks because the Triaxis and 2:90 is a reaaaaly popular combination. Oh well. I would bet that in the Axe FX III, it's switchable ;)

From what I recall, things like Guitar Rig have this option - but I'd guess at a considerable alteration in interaction between pre and power sections, which wouldn't be 'accurate' to the function of the real-life unit. However, being the Triaxis is a pre-amp, and coupling it with a 2:90 is so popular, perhaps that should be the power section modeled if it isn't already. That makes me wonder: you'd think the connection between Tri and power section in sofware would be handled differently than the other amps.

From what I recall, things like Guitar Rig have this option - but I'd guess at a considerable alteration in interaction between pre and power sections, which wouldn't be 'accurate' to the function of the real-life unit. However, being the Triaxis is a pre-amp, and coupling it with a 2:90 is so popular, perhaps that should be the power section modeled if it isn't already. That makes me wonder: you'd think the connection between Tri and power section in sofware would be handled differently than the other amps.

Yea I mean I know Cliff modeled it off of the poweramp he used to use, which is cool, it's his box :) But it would be cool if you could pair it with a 2:90 style as well. I vote for a TriNinety Green and yellow channels ;)

Back
Top Bottom