Changing output volume with latching switch?

heykenny

Ok - I'm stumped and hoping that someone can tell me if this is possible.
I've been using a NosePedal Expression Preset Switch in EXP2 to cut my output volume slightly when needed. I generally run the volume full up but if I need a quick way to pull back during a quieter spot it's come in really handy. I have the first level set 100% and the second one about 75%,

I would like to change over to a latching switch like a Boss FS-5L. But in the global settings the only thing I seem to be able to do is change the output level from -20 to +20 - or 0% to 100% on the pedal. I've tried working with the modifiers and that seems to work only as a per patch setting. I'd like to make this global.

Anyone know if there's a way to set a minimum and maximum range in the global settings? Or does the output volume require an expression pedal vs a switch?

Setting a specific volume with a switch requires a special pedal like the Nose Pedal you already have. You can only set min/max values on modifiers within blocks on the grid, so you can use a volume block. But it won't work with global volume.

I'm surprised your Nose isn't a latching switch. Either way, I believe you can make momentary switches act as latching in the pedal setup.

I'm surprised your Nose isn't a latching switch. Either way, I believe you can make momentary switches act as latching in the pedal setup.

Sorry if it wasn't clear from the thread title - what I'm trying to do is change the output volume using a latching on/off switch rather than an expression switch.
The Nose is a latching switch yes. It does exactly what I want it to do. However I need to add a remote switch for my amps effects loop and I was hoping to add a double switch Boss FS-7 to my board to take care of both the output volume and the effects loop.
Thanks for clarifying though. I wonder if this is something that could be addressed in a future update? I'll add it to the wish list and see.

Thanks again!

the current solution would be pe-preset. i work around this sort of thing by building a base preset template with all of the things i want to be "global" and then building my individual presets from the template

Back
Top Bottom