Changing Channels on all blocks?

gdgross

Experienced
Possible? I conceive of the channel select feature as different mainly different amp channels, or amp/cab combinations or amp/cab drive combos. etc.

With that in mind, how would I set up my FM3 footswitches to change channels on all blocks at once, rather than one block at a time? (or at least, I'd like to do this on amp/cab, and maybe amp/cab/drive)

Thanks!

Create a Scene that changes all channels at once. Scenes control Block On/Off and Channels, so that's specifically the purpose.

Scenes affect every block's channel, so "all blocks" is easy but "fewer than all blocks (yet more than one)" isn't, if you want remaining blocks completely unaffected by scenes while retaining manual channel switching ability.

It might not be possible to do exactly what you're picturing (depending on a few more details) currently without an additional MIDI controller.

Thanks guys, good thought to do it with a scene I guess.

I suppose I don't totally see the point of the channel footswitch layout though, if i'll be using scenes to change channels. But no matter i suppose :)

Thanks guys, good thought to do it with a scene I guess.

I suppose I don't totally see the point of the channel footswitch layout though, if i'll be using scenes to change channels. But no matter i suppose :)
to change one at a time.

Sometimes all you want to do is change channels. It may or may not be a different model. Maybe you want one channel to be a Plexi dialed in to the edge of breakup, and the other channel will be the same Plexi gained up for a lead. Then you might just change channels. Or maybe you want that lead to include the gained-up Plexi plus a delay. Then you'd use scenes to change both things at once. You get your choice of how you want to do it.

Yeah, that's kinda how I had one switch on my ax8 set up, usually kept the same amp and set the Y state for a little more drive. Sometimes I changed the cab though, and having the ability to do that with a single switch was useful without eating up several scenes....

I suppose I could potentially do the same with an external MIDI message, but I'm going to try and live without additional hardware, at least until i get used to this thing.

Back
Top Bottom