Changing cabs freezes the unit?

Morbid

Inspired
Greetings. I'm running the up to date version of ARES on my Axe-FX II XL+ and the latest version of Axe-Edit, using Axe-Edit to experiment with some new tones. Decided I wanted to use some of the wonderful ML Soundlabs cabs I've purchased, and almost any attempt to do so immediately freezes the Axe-FX, forcing me to turn it off and on again (it's changed twice without issue).

Axe-Edit gives the following error: Communication time-out: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Set Param : set_param

Assuming that perhaps my files had gotten corrupt somehow, I deleted the files off of the axe-fx and reloaded them (actually, I'm pretty sure I loaded all new ones because I've not properly organized my IR folder). Still the problem persists.

Is my Axe-FX about to shit the bed? God I hope not...

Edit: I was able to change cabs several times from the front panel without issue, but then it froze, ultimately returning to the "ARES" screen and forcing me once again to restart the unit.

If you unplug your usb cable from the Axe can you reliably change cab?

are they only the purchased cabs that are giving you problems?

Even with the USB cable unplugged, after several changes, it freezes. It's doing it in the onboard cabs as well :(

Back
Top Bottom