Changing bank size causing incorrect switch settings in Preset and Scene layouts.

ectoplasm88

Inspired
I am not sure if this is user error or a bug of some sort. I've just updated to FW 10. I am relatively new to the III and still just doing some basic setup. One thing I wanted to change was the bank size so that when in Perform 1 layout I could bank up and down and have banks that were 4 presets each. After setting bank size to 4 the result is each bank displaying the first 3 presets then preset 4 also displaying preset 3. If I switch to the preset layout all switches after 3 display the 3rd preset. I have power cycled everything and still the same behavior. If I set the bank size back to 10 the issue still persists. It looks like I can go back in and edit the layout and set it to those to select the preset I want so I can work around it. Maybe it is miscalculating how those switch assignments are set? I do have my offset set to 1 so maybe that is part of the bug as well? I was surprised setting it back to 10 didn't clear up or alter the layout in anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 1.18.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 1.18.48 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Did you try changing Banks up or down after changing the bank size?

One thing that I'm not sure of is how the layout will work with 10 preset buttons but only 4 presets per bank.

Also, there is another similar layout designed for 4 presets per bank.

Yeah I banks change up and down in increments of 4 presets its just the switch assignment for the fourth preset shows preset 3. I went in and manually changed the switch to show the correct preset for that layout. I think the bug is in how changing that parameter gets applied. It makes sense to reassign anything that was for preset 4 and higher to just show preset 4 since that is now the max number of presets in the bank. I guess bumping it back up I'd expect things in the Presets layout to react differently but maybe not since its all so customizable. I definitely think its a bug when I lowered the bank number the first time though but maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom