Change View or Layout via MIDI?

I've never heard of MIDI controlling a device display.

Not the device display, the footswitch layout. It’s a use case that exists. You can change banks (layouts) and pages (views) on the Morningstar MC6/MC8 via MIDI. You can also control the setlist/view on an RJM Mastermind. Often it’s so that the floorboard follows along to a programmed track, or a guitar tech backstage keeping things sane.

I guess it’s connected to the request for MIDI CC stand-in switches (since stand-in switches can be programmed to change views and layouts).

Remote Layout Select via MIDI was in the original spec but fell below the level of a release feature due to its complexity.
Does that mean that it’s still on the table for the future. And would it include selecting views.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this was ever implemented?
Thinking it could be used to make a "GMO9" setup with a 6 button midi controller where some buttons affect the main 3 on the FM3. Sort of how the 3 on the FM3 control what is displayed on the FC6 for "OMG9" I don't have a midi controller right now to mess around with.

I take there has still been no change in this and that we remain unable to change layouts and views by midi? Any chance it has been elevated in the priority list?

+1 this would be a great add for the Axe in the “setup/fc controller/layouts” plenty of room for a CC & value here. Sure would be nice to have this feature.

Back
Top Bottom