Change scenes using external momentary switches?

nznat

Experienced
Hey Hey

I am selling my MFC-101 MK3, reason is, i don't use it other than changing scenes. lol Just how i have everything set up at home.

Thus, I'm going to make two external momentary switches to change scenes up or down, simple!

Question: Can someone send me the correct fractal wiki link or page link or demo video link to the info i need to make this easy peasy? I've set up external switches for turning blocks off and on before, like a delay etc, was easy, but I cant see a setting for pointing to the scenes and external switches. any help will be sweet as.

properly just a 2018 dull moment.

thanks

I/O menu > CTRL page: Change the CC# assignments for Scene Incr and Scene Decr to Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 respectively.
I/O menu > Pedal page: Change the type for Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 to Momentary.
Plug in your Up switch into Pedal 1 and your Down switch into Pedal 2 jacks on the rear panel.

I/O menu > CTRL page: Change the CC# assignments for Scene Incr and Scene Decr to Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 respectively.
I/O menu > Pedal page: Change the type for Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 to Momentary.
Plug in your Up switch into Pedal 1 and your Down switch into Pedal 2 jacks on the rear panel.

there are only 2 pedal jacks on the back of the Axe Fx 2 XL+. I want to use one of the pedal jacks as my expression pedal for wah, and the other pedal jack for the momentary switch for going from scene one to scene 2 and back again. how?

thanks

Oh in that case, change the CC# assignment for Scene Select to Pedal 1. You'll also want to use a latching switch for scene select instead of a momentary. That will make it toggle back and forth between Scene 1 and Scene 8. If you use a momentary switch it will go to Scene 8 only while you hold down the switch. A latching switch will stay there until you stomp again. You can then use Pedal 2 for an expression pedal.

Last edited:
You'll also want to use a latching switch instead of a momentary. That will make it toggle back and forth between Scene 1 and Scene 8.

A momentary switch will work for this too, with pedal type set to "momentary". (Choosing "latching" with a momentary switch would do the other thing.)

I know the MFC can do toggle emulation with a momentary switch, but it has separate settings for hardware and controller behavior. How would the Axe II be able to distinguish between a momentary switch set to toggle vs a hardware toggle switch set to toggle?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what it's doing now. You have to set a momentary switch to latching to make it function like a momentary controller. The default behavior for the momentary setting it to make it emulate a latching controller.

Last edited:
The choice of latching/momentary determines whether 1 or 2 hardware state changes are required for 1 Axe-FX state change. So with a momentary switch you have the choice of momentary or latching-style operation. With a latching switch you get latching or (probably not useful) every other switch press doing nothing.

Pretty cool. The manual does not explain that very well. It just says to set it to match the hardware type, so I always assumed it was limited to the type of switch you had.

Three and a half years in and I'm still learning new things about this magic black box. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom