Change Scenes from MFC.. Strange sound, FAS please help!!

midifine

Inspired
Helo FAS,

made today the new FW 10.04, and by change the Scenes from MFC I have a strange sound.. if I change the Scenes from Axe Edit, it doesn't make anymore.. I don't know if it has to do that one Amp model is on X and the other one on Y. I have tryied to put 2 Amps in parallel and by changing scenes to mute one or the other one, still the same strange sound, but only when I use the MFC... I have attached the preset that I'm using and I need help from you, please!

View attachment 15790

I could not reproduce the problem here, is FW 2.16 installed on your MFC ?
Is the problem also happening when you change the scene with the 'A' button on the recall screen ?

Do you have a FXLoop block attached to the end of the grid!
Check my post here in the bug section posted 2 minutes ago.
Same issue!

I could not reproduce the problem here, is FW 2.16 installed on your MFC ?
Is the problem also happening when you change the scene with the 'A' button on the recall screen ?

FW 2.16 is installed on MFC.. the problem doesn't happend when I change the scenes from 'A' button, only when I change from MFC..:(

I also noticed something else that might or might not be related to this problem:
I have a preset that has a delay and a multidelay in one row and an amp block bypassed in parallel.
I have external control #3 assigned to the "delay hold" of the delay. The delay then feed the multidelay for an ongoing organ type of sound while I play over it.
External control #3 also changes the bypass state of the amp in parallel and enables it, so that I can play over the organ sound freely. It's also mapped to a volume block following the amp which fades the amp in slowly (external #3 mapped to volume, damping at 1000ms).

When I press the external control #3 button, everything works as it should, but there also happens to be a random fizzing/scratching noice (sounds like what happens when you turn a dusty volume pot on an old amp) which gets repeated through the delays.

How can this be? I bypassed all blocks except those. I assumed that the amp block creates some noise when being enabled, but it is in parallel to the delays, so why is the noise repeated?
It almost seems that pressing a button on the MFC somehow creates a noise in the Axe? How can that be, considering that the MFC does nothing more than sending midi data?

Last edited:
Popped in here to the Bugs forum to see if this had been reported yet.

Just updated to 10.04 this morning and I am also getting the same electronic "beep" sound when changing Scenes via my MIDI controller (Ground Control Pro).

Same here with my Gordius Big Little Giant!
Really need to get this solved, I've in the next days!

Yes I upgraded last night MFC 2.16 and 10.04. Getting chirping sound using MFC on scene changes. Also getting it using the Vol+/Vol- function to set patch levels using IA
Please fix this soon as its going to ruin my Sunday when I,m playing loud!

I just decided to roll back to 10.02 until this gets sorted out. It got to be very annoying very quick when I was playing last night.

Back
Top Bottom