Change scene by turning on Wah?

You have the one with the switch? Just program the switch to change to your wah scene, instant wah.

Exactly what I’m trying to accomplish. Now that we are in agreement on the idea, how do we make that happen?

Program the switch to change your scene and you'll need auto engage in the wah settings.

Im still at the how do you accomplish this.

How do you make that switch accomplish this task on a given preset?

:eek:
Look up "Stand-in" switches inthe FC-6/FC-12 manual:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FC-X/FC6+12-Owners-Manual.pdf

In the Axe-Fx III, Home->Setup->FC Controllers->Stand-in switches - assign it to a layout and a switch.
In the FC Controllers page you can then configure that switch to do the scene switch you want.

@chris covers it here:

I found that and was watching as you posted. I had no idea. This would seem to do it. If I click the wah switch to ON it can switch me to scene 8, where I can use this trick whenever needed.

It also appears I can access scene 8 directly as well, so that’s a plus.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I’m baaaaaaaack.

For some reason I have to double tap the switch on the Mission SP-1 to get it work.

Any ideas?

stand switch 1 is set to

scene
Select

Do I need to use a mono chord perhaps?

I’m baaaaaaaack.

For some reason I have to double tap the switch on the Mission SP-1 to get it work.

Any ideas?

stand switch 1 is set to

scene
Select

Do I need to use a mono chord perhaps?
Check the configuration of the switch. Go to Setup>FC Controllers>Remote and try changing the behaviour and polarity of the switch.

Check the configuration of the switch. Go to Setup>FC Controllers>Remote and try changing the behaviour and polarity of the switch.

Virtual toggle does nothing.

With polarity reversed, it works with one click every other time. Like when the switch is off and you press it once for ON. However if it is on, you need to press it TWICE to work. It appears to need to go from On, to Off, back to On.

Virtual toggle does nothing.

With polarity reversed, it works with one click every other time. Like when the switch is off and you press it once for ON. However if it is on, you need to press it TWICE to work. It appears to need to go from On, to Off, back to On.
Is the switch in the pedal a momentary or latching switch? The behavior sounds like a latching switch action on the physical switch.

Is the switch in the pedal a momentary or latching switch? The behavior sounds like a latching switch action on the physical switch.

It is latching, it is on/off like a wah has.

If I plug our drum machine pedal in to the FC12 it works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Latching switch should be able to act as a 'toggle'. You have to set it up as a 'virtual toggle'. It's in there somewhere, not near my stuff right now.

A Latching switch should be able to act as a 'toggle'. You have to set it up as a 'virtual toggle'. It's in there somewhere, not near my stuff right now.
It can work for effect on/off with a latching switch by setting the switch up as momentary, but the OP wants to switch scene when clicking the wah switch, which apparently works on the switch's equivalent to the "mouse up" event....

I ordered a new Mission pedal off their website, they just called to tell me they no longer offer spring loaded pedals with momentary switches.

Got momentary from Love My Switches!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad, that I stumbled into this thread, because I heard for the first time about stand-in switches. And the video of Chris makes it so easy to use them, that I got instantly completely new ideas for programming the FC-12. Oh happy day...

I ordered a new Mission pedal off their website, they just called to tell me they no longer offer spring loaded pedals with momentary switches.

Got momentary from Love My Switches!
I thought that the mission pedals had momentary switches. My bad

Back
Top Bottom