Change scene by turning on Wah?

L

luke

Let’s say you are playing a clean scene and you want to change to a dirty one that requires the wah immediately.

Can the engagement of the wah serve as a way to change the scene?

To be clear, this is to avoid having to change scene on FC-12 and then engage wah.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh, good question. we used to have to do a trick with autoengage on the GEQ block to get it to turn on when the wah came on. probably won’t work with scenes, but you could turn a drive block on this way

option 2: there are third party midi pedals that can send custom messages on (attached ) expression pedal movement, so you should be able to send scene change ccs this way. i believe the current versions of the morningstar mc6 and mc8 pedals can do this, but i’m not certain they can send another message to switch the scene back

You can't attach a controller to "Scene select" so currently no.

Edit: I assumed you were using auto-engage.

Last edited:
:grinning:
You could take the blocks used for your Solo scene (Drive, Delay, Filter boost, etc..), and set them up to auto-engage along with the Wah instead of using a scene.

But that would require using the same amp channel correct?

Are you engaging wah with auto-engage, or a switch built into the expression pedal?

A switch could be configured as a stand-in switch to change scenes.

Auto-engaging various blocks would mean they'd remain on the current channel. This could get complicated if you wanted wah available on various scenes with different combinations of those blocks already engaged for the basic non-wah sound.

What else needs to change in that scene?

Ideally everything. The clean scene would be a Fender style amp and cab, while the wah scene would have a drive and Marshall amp/cab vibe.

My pedal has a on/off switch like a traditional crybaby.

If using a controller to control bypass state of the wah, you could use a scene controller setting to turn it on for that scene.

Get a mission expression pedal with a control switch built in. Program the control switch to switch scenes.
Your foot will already be on the pedal to control the wah.

What a bout a momentary toe switch in the ah that could toggle scenes as a stand in?

Back
Top Bottom