change preset without engaging it

edo

Power User
Vendor
I've been reading the manual and browsing the forum, but can't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out how to (if there's a way) go from preset 1 to preset 2 (F1 preset up, F2 preset down in my setup) but still have preset 1 until I step on switch 1 (scene 1 of the new selected preset). Currently, if I step on F1, it automatically loads the new preset, while I would like to be able to select the new preset without actually changing preset until I hit the 1 switch. Can that be done?

Thanks

The only way to accomplish what you're describing is to reconfigure one of your Function footswitches to <Single Preset/Bank>. When activated, the AX8 will stay in the preset select mode (lights flashing) until you press a numbered footswitch. However, you will need to press the appropriate numbered footswitch for the corresponding preset, no way to have it switch to different presets with the same switch. If you need a different scene loaded when changing to a particular preset, you can change the default scene per preset.

Reactions: edo
Your question doesn't make sense to me. You have F1 & F2 set for preset up/down, and you want to go up to preset 2? It sounds like all you need to do is hit F1 when you're ready and it'll load preset 2. Why do you need to pre-select if you have "next" set up on your F switch?

I don't use that mode so maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like you're confusing how bank mode (like Sonofiam described) works, with preset up/down.

Your question doesn't make sense to me. You have F1 & F2 set for preset up/down, and you want to go up to preset 2? It sounds like all you need to do is hit F1 when you're ready and it'll load preset 2. Why do you need to pre-select if you have "next" set up on your F switch?

I don't use that mode so maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like you're confusing how bank mode (like Sonofiam described) works, with preset up/down.

That’s the point, I don’t want to select the new preset when I switch. Sometimes, if I have to go from song/preset 2 to song “can’t remember what this preset is”, I want to be able to scroll through presets while still playing preset 2 until I find the right one

he doesn't want to choose from that list and press "one of 8 buttons." this is understandable, as there's only one switch to hit, assuming your presets are in the order you need already.

but for now, the solution is to just press the Preset Up button when you need it. the complication is if your next preset isn't exactly next in line. in that case, choosing from that list (Preset Select) is the best way currently.

That’s the point, I don’t want to select the new preset when I switch. Sometimes, if I have to go from song/preset 2 to song “can’t remember what this preset is”, I want to be able to scroll through presets while still playing preset 2 until I find the right one
Ah, that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom