Change layout upon preset selection?

Promit

Inspired
Ok, I'm getting acquainted with the FM3 coming from my AX8 and I liked some of the modal behavior in the AX8. I go into preset selection mode on the AX8, and then when I choose one all of the buttons switch over to the scene/stomp configuration. I wish the FM3 did the same thing. The idea is I select a preset, and then that changes the preset and changes over to a different layout of my choosing all at once. It doesn't look like there's any way to do this right now, as I'm basically asking to attach two actions to one button tap. Is there some kind of trick to get things to work this way? Right now I have to select a preset, hop back to MLM, then into Scenes which is very annoying.

Ok, I'm getting acquainted with the FM3 coming from my AX8 and I liked some of the modal behavior in the AX8. I go into preset selection mode on the AX8, and then when I choose one all of the buttons switch over to the scene/stomp configuration. I wish the FM3 did the same thing. The idea is I select a preset, and then that changes the preset and changes over to a different layout of my choosing all at once.
Layout Link is your friend. :)

select a Preset switch in your Layout
in the FC Controllers area of Edit, click Layout Links on the right
choose what Layout you want to go to when you release the switch
repeat for any Preset (or other) Switches where you want this to happen

remember that the Layout Link is for the switch not the function of the switch. if you change the function later but don't delete the Layout Link, for example, it will still change to the Layout you linked.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 4.59.06 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom