Change Input volume with a switch.

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
I have my first pedal controlling my input volume which works great. I now want to do the same thing with a switch to basically decrease input volume when I do swells by a couple db. I have modified patch 48 Ganymede using a Plexi treble instead of what was in there. I have also added a delay2 with repeat hold on bypassed so when I click switch2 it unbypasses delay2 and turns on repeat hold. sounds great once input volume is turned down from my first pedal. Oh I also have on my 3rd expression pedal I have the fx mix so when I go to choruses there is no swells at all just plexi. SO my question is that I want that same switch2 to do the decrease of input volume instead of pedal1. So how do I do it? or where do I do it better question?

If I am understanding you correctly, you do the same thing you did with the repeat hold to the input gain of the delay, only opposite. Set it to the same external controller but change the start to 100 and the end to 0.

Java, I tried it, it didn't work. Let me see if I can explain it better. I want to control the input volume from 100% to like 30% basically like rolling down your guitar volume, which I could do I guess or have one switch which is set to momentary do it all. I just wasn't sure where you would do that. try the input gain didn't take the input down much.

Okay, misunderstood. I though you wanted to take the input level down on the delay.

to take you over all input volume down but in a volume block up front, attach a modifier to the volume parameter using the same external controller you have assigned to switch 2. Set start 10 and end at a lower level.

I didn't think about this, but I could have also set a x/y for the amp to change to a cleaner amp and assigned that to the switch; putting the Delay2 and amp y on the same CC #.

Yes you could, but I imagine you would get a little drop out going that route.

Other thing you can do:
Assign the modifier to the input gain on the amp.
Assign the modifier to the drive on the amp.

For those, use the min/max to go between to set values.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom