Change in tone when saving or changing amp? 10.01 added loads of treble?

Albake21

Hey everyone, so this has been bugging me for quite a while. It seems to be very noticeable with high gain amps, especially the 5153 100W Red. Sometimes when I am creating a new preset, I click save, and then the gain changes... The tone is now different from before I hit save. This was driving me crazy because I couldn't pinpoint what was changing. I then started messing around with the parameters until I came across changing the amp block to another amp and then back to what it was. All of the dials are the same, but I have way more bass/more frequencies from before. So now I'm confused which sound is correct. Is my preset correct the moment I turn it on or is it correct once I go and change the amp and then change it back?

I noticed there was a small update for the AX8. I was on 10.0 but I updated this morning to the 10.01. After doing this, all of my presets now have WAY more high end frequencies than before. Now I'm even more confused on how my AX8 is supposed to sound... Also the issue above is still there after the update.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. The first riff is what it sounds like when I turn on my AX8 and the second one is when I toggle between another amp and back to the 5153. As you can tell, it's not only louder, but there's more girth and chunk to the low end. I have no idea which is correct.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom