Change focal alpha 50 for Adam ax7’s?

bke

Inspired
been offered a pair of Adam ax7’s in a part exchange for some gear. Find the focals a little fatiguing.

Anyone tried both by chance? Wondering if the Adams would be much of an upgrade from the focal alpha 50’s.

Cheers

this was originally posted in 2011, its now 2019. i have to laugh because im so behind. i just got a pair of the Adams last year after testing out about 20 different speakers and the a7x won hands down. now, you've probably moved on, but i got an ax2 last month and have it running through the Adams. if you didn't do the trade im sorry.

this was originally posted in 2011, its now 2019. i have to laugh because im so behind. i just got a pair of the Adams last year after testing out about 20 different speakers and the a7x won hands down. now, you've probably moved on, but i got an ax2 last month and have it running through the Adams. if you didn't do the trade im sorry.
The previous post says Feb 3 2019... Not sure where you saw 2011?

I have the Adam T7V and a friend has the A7X. The Focals have a reputation for being fatiguing. I'm very fond of both sets of Adams - the A7X is a more analytical and precise mixing speaker while the T7V is a more fun to listen to general purpose speaker.

i really like what i get out of the Adams. i also ordered a head rush to see what the hell that sounds like. it wold only be used for practice so not gonna be to critical. and by practice i mean my bedroom and not with the band. as ive heard from other people its not a bad practice amp, and can prove to be useful live. but im prepared to send it back.

Back
Top Bottom