Change default settings?

Wolfenstein98k

Power User
Pretty simple question here.
Is there a way that we could change what a setting defaults to?

For instance, I always change an amp to Ideal/Smooth straight away, bring the Cab hi-cut and lo-cut to a certain level, etc etc.

It would be a great help if I could somehow get them to automatically select those setting.

Thanks!

I guess you could use global blocks (see section 6 of the manual), but I don't use the global block feature myself so I can't say for sure.

I will look into them. I'm not sure they satisfy my requirements though...

An example is auditioning amp. Sometimes I'll just flick through amps and jam on each for thirty seconds. It's very hard to compare them how I would use them (with the aforementioned settings changed), as there is constant fiddling every change.

Hi Wolfy,

Like Volt said - I'd look into Global Blocks - They are really easy to use and once you setup an amp for example, it's there anytime a click away.

Pauly

Thanks Pauly, perhaps my (very very basic) understanding of them was flawed. I'll look right into it!

I don't think global blocks will do what the OP is trying to do. He's looking for a global parameter change that will affect all the models in a block type (i.e., all the amps available for the amp block type), not a global block to use in multiple presets.

I don't think global blocks will do what the OP is trying to do. He's looking for a global parameter change that will affect all the models in a block type (i.e., all the amps available for the amp block type), not a global block to use in multiple presets.

Yeah, this is an eloquent summary. I want every Cab block to default at 50hz and 10khz rather than 20-20k, for instance.

That would be handy-as I always lower the Hi Res in the speaker tab of the amp block. That's what you mean I think. I also change the eq as you do.

I would love that but somehow it seems like a big undertaking. Well, we can wish right?

Gonna bump this one more time. I have a new default dream... the input impedance!

I'm always setting it to 1M now, and am wondering if there's a way to make it always 1M rather than Auto?

Back
Top Bottom