Change Bypass status on some blocks and Channel on another block with one switch

GitarKnut

I have searched the forum and owners manual but without success on how to achieve this. My intention is to have a "lead" switch engaging e.g. GEQ in front of the amp, volume boost (GEQ post amp) and delay (using a Control Switch to control the Bypass status of the relevant blocks) and with the same switch change the channel of e.g. the Reverb block for leads. I know that I could use another Reverb block or use Scenes to do this but I have a "kitchen sink" preset where all the Scenes have different amps (i.e. 8 Scenes with 8 different amp/cab combinations) so there is no CPU left for another Reverb Block. I can do this on my RJM MM GT22 so I am sure it also can be accomplished on the highly sophisticated FC-6 .....but I am not able to figure out how....... For now I have allocated the "Hold" function of my "Lead" switch, but this is not a perfect solution.

I joined the Fractal Family in 2012 with a Axe Fx II + MFC101 and have an AX8 and Axe Fx III so I am quite familiar with programming the units. The reason for getting an FC-6 was to avoid dragging around with the large pedalbord with the GT22 + exp. pedals on rehearsals and smaller gigs. I am also on the (European) wait list for the FM3 (scaling down the mass and volume to carry around even further:))

How about assigning some knob to be an external contoller? Then you could tie that external contol into whatever parameters you want to change with one click. Sort of a "wildcard" switch, it can do different things in different presets.

You should be able to set up a control switch Page 40 FC manual to send a midi command to select a block channel Page 45 AXE FX III manual. I believe the block channel function was designed more for scene use but you can change it via midi. I could be wrong there may be another way to do it, if so I'm sure someone will chime in.

You should be able to set up a control switch Page 40 FC manual to send a midi command to select a block channel Page 45 AXE FX III manual. I believe the block channel function was designed more for scene use but you can change it via midi. I could be wrong there may be another way to do it, if so I'm sure someone will chime in.
Thanks for chiming in but I have already tried that (as mentioned in my first post I have read the manual;)). Just for testing I tried to use the same CS to select Scenes (also on Page 45 in the AXE FX III manual and Page 39-40 in the FC Manual) but that did not work either. I also tried the "Learn" mode on the "Setup"- "MIDI Remote"-"Channel" Page. When rocking one of the two attached Expression pedals it recognizes it (tried both and both are recognized), but when pressing the Switch mapped to CS1 no input is detected. To me it simply looks like the AXE FX III does not receive (or respond to) any MIDI information from the FC Control Switch.

Edit; I attached an External Switch to the FC-6 and mapped it to the Reverb Block on the "Channel" page on the AXE FX III. Then I could change Channel on the Reverb Block but only toggle between Channels A and D (I assume A is "min value" (0) and D is "max" value (3 or 127) according to the Owners Manual). When rocking the Exp.pedals carefully and slowly the Channels on the Reverb block changed. My best guess so far is that the FC-6 does not send the CS MIDI message as it is supposed to as the AXE FX III clearly responds to MIDI messages from External sources (Exp. pedal and External Switces connected to the FC-6).

Edit II: FW 1.09 on the FC-6 and 8.00 on the AXE FX III

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom