change ax8 default switch 1 from amp x/y to scene 1/2 toggle

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MSS

Power User
Does anyone use the Amp X/Y toggle much? I find this is one of the first things I change. I reassign foot switch 1 from Amp x/y to scene 1/2 toggle. I know I can assign it to any foot switch but 1 makes the most sense for me and I just don't use amp x/y toggles. I also know I can make it global but it just seems like it should be the default.

I use scenes like a two channel amp. Scene one is clean (amp x) with compression, verb and chorus etc. and two is dirty (amp y) with a touch of verb. I then use other scenes for different combo effects or lead etc. They get their own foot switch assignments.

Footswitch 1 only defaults to Amp X/Y Toggle if you have the Amp block assigned to it, in which case the default makes sense. Otherwise it can be whatever you assign it to be. If you don't assign it to anything, there's nothing for it to default to.

Agree with Rex... it only defaults if you have it assigned. And due to the various ways people use the AX8, it's likely that there are as many people who would want it the way it is, or to default to some other setup.

Personally, I use Amp X/Y a lot, whereas I almost never use Scene 1/2 toggle. It always goes to the "other" scene, so if I'm on Scene 1 for example, and I turn on a couple of fx or go to Scene 3, to get back to the original Scene 1 settings I would have to hit the switch twice (and have a momentary glitch where everything in Scene 2 comes on).

In your case, making it global is probably the best way for you to set it up.

DOH! Thanks. I see now that it's just the way I create patches that the amp gets assigned there. So much to learn and continue to learn...

Back
Top Bottom