Change Algo and keep settings

Hi,

I want to quickly move between different algorithms but have them all using the same block settings I choose.
I'm trying to mimic my PCM70 and PCM80 algos in the Axe and for that I'm focusing on specific parts of the reverb, many times I'll use extreme tail or early reflections settings or any other parameter in the reverb block.

But the problem is every time I change an algo on the Axe? almost all block settings jump back to default.
Is there a way to save new block defaults? something else?
Really frustrated :-/

Hi,

I want to quickly move between different algorithms but have them all using the same block settings I choose.
I'm trying to mimic my PCM70 and PCM80 algos in the Axe and for that I'm focusing on specific parts of the reverb, many times I'll use extreme tail or early reflections settings or any other parameter in the reverb block.

But the problem is every time I change an algo on the Axe? almost all block settings jump back to default.
Is there a way to save new block defaults? something else?
Really frustrated :-/
Changing “algos” require changing those settings so the new “algo” sounds like what it’s supposed to.

Changing “algos” require changing those settings so the new “algo” sounds like what it’s supposed to.

Ok, I wrote a script that set all parameters the same way every time I changed an algo.
And yea, good thing you used quotations around the word algos :) cause at least for the reverb's late reflections/tail/wash? I counted about 3.
One for Spring one for Tunnel and one for all Plate/Room/Hall etc.
In the next few days I'll check the early reflections side, I think there is more variety there but we'll see.

From one side its a bit disappointing, I sure hoped there would be at least a few, say Plate-Chamber-Hall and maybe Cathedral?
But on the flip side the fact you can get so many Reverb styles from one algo, speaks volume about the editing and control you get in the reverb *block*.

Hook up a real 80 or 70 in the loop and switch the FX loop on and deactive the reverb block at the same time. My 70 sounds great in the FX loop.

I have a 70 and 80 in my small rack just above the Axe, and yea they are permanent there :)
You know, after putting hours into trying to duplicate my Lexis sound in the Axe, I sat there, scratching my head and was like "dude, why are you doing this? you have these boxes right there in front of you"... and the only answer I could give my self was "why someone decides to climb the Everest?"... well... because it's *there* lol

Yeah alot of it is the old school converters/analog section that gives a cool tone. The lexicon concert wave algorithm is kick ass. I permanently have an h3000 sitting on my rack case above my axe FX. I have used so many different racks in the axe FX and only one did not sound good. H3000, 70,80,81, kurzweil rumour, alesis quadraverb, midiverb 2&4, Roland sde1000, Korg a3, Yamaha FX 500/900. The only one that didn't sound great was the midiverb 2.

Back
Top Bottom