Chaining FC-12 and FC-6 and the AC adaptor?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
OK, I just took possession of the FC-6 to go along with my FC-12. It didn't come with an AC adapter, which is standard I guess. But I have a LOT of 9v adaptors and none of them seem to work. Just a reality check here. I plug it in and I the display lights up with a grey pale color but none of the buttons come up. If I plug it Fastlink II it works fine, but not the AC adapter. So it would seem these aren't rated properly and aren't driving enough power. Or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

The quick start guide links to the shop.fractalaudio.com to get more information or to purchase one but I don't see it.

Any tips anyone?

If the FC is not connected to an Axe III or FM3 via FASLink II, it doesn't have anything to load. The layouts and functions come from the main unit.

If the FC is not connected to an Axe III or FM3 via FASLink II, it doesn't have anything to load. The layouts and functions come from the main unit.
I'm not understanding this. I have the FC-12 connected to the Axe III fastlink like I always do. Then I have a short mogami XLR connecting the FC-12 and the FC-6 and plug the AC and the display is light grey with nothing on it.

Your 12V supply needs to be able to deliver 1000 mA of current. That's more than a lot of 9- or 12-V supplies can deliver. Double-check the current rating on your power supply.

ARGGH. There aren't a lot of electronic stores around here any more. Why or why doesn't Fractal include this with their boxes?? I just went around town looking. IF I knew what 9-12v 1000ma meant maybe but you know, I'm not an electronics dude. I'm a guitar player. So I jhave this thing here I can't use until I can get another amazon or something shipment. I got a universal adaptor with an input rating of 3-12v and everything inbetween. But not 1000 ma. What the hell is THAT? Amps? Sometimes you gotta make things simple enough for peple like me to understand. Or just include a PSU.

Voltage and current output are ok on that one, but the polarity of the plug is backwards. Needs to be center Negative.

1 mA (milliamp) = 1/1000th of an amp, so 1000 mA = 1 A (amp)

Fun, eh? :)

mA means milliamp. A thousandth of an amp.

The one you picked is almost there, but the barrel connector is too big. Go back to @Klausi 's post. It'll tell you what size you need, and whether the center has to be positive or negative. (2.5mm, center negative)

Coincidence city:

I'm sitting in my car listening to an interview with Howard Johnson, taking about his experiences with Mr. Mingus.

A One Spot works great with my #2 FC6. It puts out 9V and can deliver up to 1700mA of current.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...fD_VuMAA4bOSo38wB7QaAvC6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Cool. I guess I'll order this one. I just want someone to point me to one to order.

The manual, once again because it's super annoying, points to the shop.fractalaudio.com link for more informatkon or I'd assume tp purchase one. But it's either not there at all or hidden behind a bunch of Fractal product information, not power spuplies. Please fix this, OK?

Back
Top Bottom