Chaining 2 FM3's

I have FM9 and FX3 working together, so I can, in theory, have 4 amps.

Actually, using two units can not just sync control switches, but add them up to total 12 of them if you use the CC assignments and external controllers cleverly, which also makes them recordable in a DAW that can record/edit MIDI CC stuff. Expression Pedals need to move out to MIDI to be shared between units, though. Tap tempo works if you "waste" a control switch on it, since you can set the units up to listen for a CC # to get tempo taps. Scenes are also working via the Scene MIDI block, again, with a bit of setup.
Hi Joe,
Just circling back on this as I have sold off my FM3 but still much prefer using my FM9 over the FX3 (as I just prefer the floorboard config). Since my FX3 is just sitting there unused, I thought that I would try a similar set up where the FM9 ran via SpDIF into the FX3 and then SpDIF out of the FX3 back into the FM9. I would have all pre and post effects in the FM9 with amp/cab or dual amp/cab plus Dyna cabs (plus any always on CPU intensive effects) in the FX3. For some reason, no matter what I try, I cannot get a spDIF signal into the FX3...using all the same setup as I did for the FM3+FM9

Thanks,
Derek

Hi Joe,
Just circling back on this as I have sold off my FM3 but still much prefer using my FM9 over the FX3 (as I just prefer the floorboard config). Since my FX3 is just sitting there unused, I thought that I would try a similar set up where the FM9 ran via SpDIF into the FX3 and then SpDIF out of the FX3 back into the FM9. I would have all pre and post effects in the FM9 with amp/cab or dual amp/cab plus Dyna cabs (plus any always on CPU intensive effects) in the FX3. For some reason, no matter what I try, I cannot get a spDIF signal into the FX3...using all the same setup as I did for the FM3+FM9

Thanks,
Derek
The way mine is set up, it uses SPDIF out of the FX9 set to Output 1 as its source, then goes to the SPDIF in on the FX3, which has the Digital Input Source set to SPDIF and USB Output Source set to Input 2. The FX3 then connects its output to the FRFR speakers. It's not a loop. It would be nice if we had a SPDIF In and SPDIF Out block available to plug them in and out where we want without having to wade through settings and tie up outputs and inputs for it....

The way mine is set up, it uses SPDIF out of the FX9 set to Output 1 as its source, then goes to the SPDIF in on the FX3, which has the Digital Input Source set to SPDIF and USB Output Source set to Input 2. The FX3 then connects its output to the FRFR speakers. It's not a loop. It would be nice if we had a SPDIF In and SPDIF Out block available to plug them in and out where we want without having to wade through settings and tie up outputs and inputs for it....
Excellent, thanks. I will check my settings.

Excellent, thanks. I will check my settings.
My presets for chaining the FM9 and FX3 use Input 2 on the FX3, so that I could, theoretically, also place the Input 1 on the grid and plug something in and access it if needed. Would be a good way to make a quick switch between a stand-mounted acoustic and the electric, or between a lap/pedal steel guitar and the electric....

Back
Top Bottom