Certain things missing from 'native' Axe-Change in AxeEdit?

celongcor

Inspired
Strange thing... Does anybody know why a cab would be available in the Axe-Change web version but NOT available in the 'native' version that runs inside Axe-Edit III?? I downloaded a preset that said it needed a certain cab and searched for it in the 'native' Axe-Change interface but it did not come up. It also wasn't in the list when I viewed all cabs, sorted by name and scrolled down to where it should be alphabetically. Then I searched the web browser version of Axe-Change, it popped right up in search and I was able to download it. You can try it by searching for 'LT TV Mix 2' in both versions. Here's the link to the Web Brower version:
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=631

Is this a bug and, if so, what else are we not seeing when using the super-convenient 'native' version of Axe-Change?? Is this cab just an outlier or is this a more widespread issue? Anyone else experience the same thing?

I never use Axe Change, but my guess would be that the Axe-Edit integration is for presets only.

@unix-guy - It is definitely for cabs too, just seems to be a bug in keeping the native and web-based versions in sync. Minor detail but I thought I would bring it to the attention of the community... Maybe we'll get a fix for it eventually. Thanks!

@unix-guy - It is definitely for cabs too, just seems to be a bug in keeping the native and web-based versions in sync. Minor detail but I thought I would bring it to the attention of the community... Maybe we'll get a fix for it eventually. Thanks!
The integration is for cabs or Axe Change? I was referring to the former.

@unix-guy - The integration is for Axe-Change inside Axe-Edit (Tools Menu)... It allows you to search for, audition and download presets or cabs directly to the AxeFx 3 without using a web browser, downloading the file, browsing for it, importing it and then finally getting to hear it, as would be the case without the integration. It's very handy for checking out the presets created by users in the community in a streamlined workflow. Very cool stuff!

@unix-guy - The integration is for Axe-Change inside Axe-Edit (Tools Menu)... It allows you to search for, audition and download presets or cabs directly to the AxeFx 3 without using a web browser, downloading the file, browsing for it, importing it and then finally getting to hear it, as would be the case without the integration. It's very handy for checking out the presets created by users in the community in a streamlined workflow. Very cool stuff!
Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom